Home

Got rid of Ring Builder-yay! Next up: Madden Moments

This is a discussion on Got rid of Ring Builder-yay! Next up: Madden Moments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden Moments
Keep it 28 62.22%
Get rid of it 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 24
Got rid of Ring Builder-yay! Next up: Madden Moments

After watching 1up's Game Night with Madden NFL 10, I was a bit surprised to see Madden Moments back in the game. Taking out Ring Builder-while not sure how much development space it freed up-was a welcomed subtraction. But, a game being so animation dependent as Madden NFL 10 seems like it would greatly benefit from having as much dev space as possible for tons and tons of animations. After playing the demos, it's evident that while there are alot of new animations, we'll see some animations a bit more than we want to. Mini games are cool, though, so is Virtual Trainer.
But I think Madden Moments needs to go-especially if the dev space could be used for more animations, or for fixing big problems that remain throughout the game, in areas more used. How say you?

Last edited by LAKE4742; 08-06-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Got rid of Ring Builder-yay! Next up: Madden Moments

Cut it, it is pointless without using the rosters from that specific moment.

Use it to add more depth into franchise. Offline and on.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Madden Moments are awesome. If anything they should make more, and include historic.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

Like Madden moments take up that much space.

Oh no, 20 odd load screens, however will we cope!

yeh madden moments, is holding back a fully fledged offline franchise and online franchise. its also holding back superstar mode...
Old 08-06-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron8
Madden Moments are awesome. If anything they should make more, and include historic.
Historic moments-with accurate player models-certainly has a certain draw to it. But, as it stands, with just plays from the previous season-seems kinda stale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 AM   #6
MVP

I don't know how much dev space it takes up. But, there seems to be too many remaining bugs and problems for something of that sort to still be in the game at this time, IMO. Virtual Trainer, Superstar Mode, Mini Games-cool. I'm all for having features, and other thing s to play around with....in any game. I just don't think feature are so necessary in a sim game. What matters most in a sim game, is the sim experience itself. Want side games, and features? Play NFL TOUR.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #7
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I actually kind of like the Madden moments... Do I play them that often? No... But I like having them there.. sometimes I will just want to play Madden but don't want to actually get my brain focused to play my Franchise or something, so I will just pick a random Madden moment or something to play while watching the NFL on another TV or with picture in picture... It's a nice refreshing way to be put into a situation in an NFL game and just be able to try it over and over if you fail....

I SERIOUSLY doubt that it takes up space that could be used for more animations and things of that nature... I'm not sure disk space is the issue on that one...
Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #8
Pro

York Morgan's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree to an extent. I think Madden Moments has potential to be a great thing, but it does not seem like it will be truly improved on.

I would very much enjoy this feature if the rosters were set to how they were, but I think this will never come true. At the moment I would say trash the idea. As much as I enjoy it I cannot see it being used to its fullest possibilities.

Achievements on the Xbox 360 really do not mean much to me, but this mode has none? It seems like a perfect thing to make achievements too..

Just my two cents..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »