Home

Slower speed=Realistic, I don't think so

This is a discussion on Slower speed=Realistic, I don't think so within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Slower speed=Realistic, I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Dave.wales and a handful of others like normal speed better then slow speed...and think its a HUGE improvement over slower speed, others REALLY LOVE the slower speed...guess what this means? This means speed isnt a copout to cover anything..its just that we finally have a CHOICE in personal preference. ..how can that be a bad thing is what im asking myself.
I'm all for options, believe me. What I said is an opinion. I watched a video of one of the EA devs say the game slowed down for a realistic feel (not a direct quote). Slower isn't realistic. An opinion.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #18
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
I'm all for options, believe me. What I said is an opinion. I watched a video of one of the EA devs say the game slowed down for a realistic feel (not a direct quote). Slower isn't realistic. An opinion.
That's in relation to Madden 2009. Passes flying over 80MPH consistently, QBs dropping back unrealistically, players getting off the line far too quickly, etc. I believe the overall speed of Madden 09 was too fast, much faster than how football truly moves.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #19
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
You're right about that, slower doesn't necessarily equal realistic...but when QB's drop back faster than the human legs can carry a person backwards and when runningbacks get the ball on a hand off in less than a second (covering 3+ yards in less than a second?) The game needs to be slowed down. They didn't just make that decision for no reason, Madden 09 was way too fast.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
And I don't mean to sound like the lesser *** in saying that you should have not posted. It would have been one less post to bury this thread faster if mods don't close this up.
that was a real *** thing to say lol j/k. well the mods will see this thread is off topic or u can message one of them...both work u lesser ***
Old 08-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Who really thinks the slower speed is more realistic? The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a copout to me. I think to make Madden more realistic, it should be close to "NFL game speed."

Is the slower speed compensation for lack of natural movement or animations for blocking, running, and catching? Fortunately, the game speed can be changed but what aspects of the game will be changed? The players will move faster but will the ball have more zip? Will receivers react quicker when the ball is thrown on a hook route?

I was playing the demos again and as of right now, timing routes are bad because the receiver doesn't react fast enough and if he does, he's not aggressive to get the ball. By the time I try to control the receiver, he's already lost position to the DB to get the pass. DBs are more aggressive and hungrier. Whenever I ran the ball, there was no aggression, no umph factor. Maybe there shouldn't be just one slider to change game speed but several sliders to change the speed or aggression of players by position?

What are your thoughts on this?
Well, the good news is that you can adjust the speed to your liking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Pretty much you will be able to change the sliders to make the game go faster. So chill ok. Nothing to worry about.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #23
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I think slow is more realistic than normal. I posted some information in another thread about a highlight clip from Ian. A LB on normal ran 43 yards from start to stop and not in a straight line at all in like 4.5 seconds. That's a bit fast. I then replayed Lito Sheppard running 43 yards in a straight line with a head start and he was at 4.5 seconds (or maybe it was ~5.2 seconds for both.) But, I don't have a copy so I can't go into practice mode and test running speed downfield.

I'm a stickler, i know, but my guy feeling is normal is still a little fast and slow is a little too slow..But, i prefer slow over normal.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #24
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Personally, I like slower speed, especially in comparison to NCAA. I will be testing the normal speed before deciding which speed I'll stay with, but isn't it great to have options with the speed slider. Everyone is different, what feels realistic to one, may feel unrealistic to another... it's all subjective.

If Madden played as fast and twitchy as NCAA, I probably would not pick it up. On the other hand, if NCAA had a speed slider option, I'd probably keep it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »