Home

Delay of game is NOT an accept or deline penalty

This is a discussion on Delay of game is NOT an accept or deline penalty within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Delay of game is NOT an accept or deline penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker8la
You are incorrect sir. I have seen teams decline a delay of game penalty because the team that took the delay did it on purpose to give the punter more room to punt (if they are inside midfield). Then the defense declined the penalty to make it more difficult for the punter to keep it in the field of play. So, Madden has it right- and you are misinformed.
Correct. Also, as someone else posted, when I play with friends/trusted players in a casual game they often get this on the first play of their drive. You get less time to pick your play and snap the ball on the first play of your drive in Madden for years. After the first declined delay of game though is the only time I will decline it.

I tell them all the time and live by a simple rule; On the first play of your drive you should just call a run or a simple play action. I like to start my drives with a run play most often because it gets the clock moving and sets the tempo of your drive. If you get good yards, you are running well. If you don't or ever get hit for a loss, then you can plan from there. I also like to mix in play action as my first play from time to time. For obvious reasons, friends of mine often like to call engage 8 or other full run blitzes on 1st down because of my tendencies. I often am able to capitalize on this with a well played play action pass. Also keeps them honest.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have been playing the 1min demo, and it doesn't ask me to accept or decline.

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Old 08-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

This thread is hilarious
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #12

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

It is an accept or decline penalty so the premise of this thread is incorrect. However in Madden, when delay of game penalties are called, it is almost always in a situation where the penalty would be accepted without question.

In real life, the referees don't even consult with the defense before calling the penalty unless it is in a punting situation because they already know they're going to accept it.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker8la
You are incorrect sir. I have seen teams decline a delay of game penalty because the team that took the delay did it on purpose to give the punter more room to punt (if they are inside midfield). Then the defense declined the penalty to make it more difficult for the punter to keep it in the field of play. So, Madden has it right- and you are misinformed.
these totally make no sense. both coaches should get fired. how would you pursosely force a delay off game penalty to get more room for the punter. you are just trying to defend ea by all means.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I think you are thinking of illegal procedure penalties.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
bingo!
dude are you serious.
let me give you an example of what is talking about.
1. 4th and 10 ball on the 10 yard line.
Andy Reid purposely force a delay of game penalty
now the ball spot is 4th and 15 ball on the 5 yard line because of the penalty.

a coach will never purposely force a delay of game penalty because he want to give is punter more room. that is just a lie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I think you are thinking of illegal procedure penalties.
a coach will never purposely force a delay of game penalty because he wants to get more run for the punter. he is going to make the punters job more defficult

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »