Home

NCAA Has Set The Bar High!

This is a discussion on NCAA Has Set The Bar High! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #25
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Has Set The Bar High!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Uh you can bank on the games playing totally different and players not being able to turn 120º at the sideline and turn up field rather than having their momentum carry them out of bounds, madden will actually be like a chess match this year, you can bank on that.

Im not saying it will be the most realistic game ever, im saying realism for realism it will blow away NCAA.
I'm still not on board with this statement. Look, I have seen the gameplay videos of Madden and played the demos. The running animations and change of direction in Madden is not markedly better than NCAA. I'm sorry, but it's not. Actually, the running animations for both games are pretty bad in my opinion. You can show me videos or whatever, but with the controller in my hands, it's not that much of a difference.

Madden will likely be a more complete game (I say likely due to the patches that each game will have available soon), but it's still the EA football engine at it's core.

Out of the box, Madden should be a better game without question.

I hope to enjoy them both though. It's a win-win situation this year for me.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #26
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Who said I was speaking of run animations, im just really talking about gameplay in general and most importantly whats missing from NCAA.

ANY MOMENTUM.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 08-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 37

I love NCAA but the terrible presentation has made me bored of the game already Madden has added a lot for presentation and therefore by default will be the better game!

Last edited by JAYMO76; 08-07-2009 at 02:55 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #28
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Yeah, you know what I meant. Call it what you want, it doesn't work.
It works fine. You pretty the catch button, your receiver tries to catch.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 27

I don't know... I wasn't impressed at all with NCAA 10. Considering that I've owned every NCAA from this generation and still have 07 and 09, my not buying NCAA 10 said a lot for me. I just saw nothing in that game that warranted a purchase... Season Showdown... lol... wow.

The bar is being raised, but NCAA had no hand in raising it this season.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I'm still not on board with this statement. Look, I have seen the gameplay videos of Madden and played the demos. The running animations and change of direction in Madden is not markedly better than NCAA. I'm sorry, but it's not. Actually, the running animations for both games are pretty bad in my opinion. You can show me videos or whatever, but with the controller in my hands, it's not that much of a difference.

Madden will likely be a more complete game (I say likely due to the patches that each game will have available soon), but it's still the EA football engine at it's core.

Out of the box, Madden should be a better game without question.

I hope to enjoy them both though. It's a win-win situation this year for me.

I gotta agree with J-Unit on this one. There aint much if any difference between NCAA and Madden 2010 demo on the field. Game play wise they are pretty much identical, and KANE there is momentum in the running in NCAA 2010. If you change directions with the L stick the HB's dont just turn on a dime. They plant there feet then change directions.

reading these forums sometimes makes me wonder are there 15 versions of NCAA and Madden demos out because I dont see how anyone who has played NCAA 2010 and the Madden demo can say there is much difference "gameplay wise" to them. Madden has all the cutscenes and presentation stuff but thats the main difference, not the gameplay.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #31
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Okay. Yeah, Madden is going to be like playing chess now. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Too realistic? You really have to be kidding with this one. How is NCAA unrealistic or not "too realistic" and Madden is? Pro-TAK? A gamespeed slider? Some QB ratings?

Newsflash: These games are not going to be that much different from a gameplay vantage point. Count on it. Madden is not all that different than NCAA if you take away the presentation in Madden.

Madden will be good. I can already tell by playing the demo. However, to think it will be "too realistic" is just a blind statement.
agreed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

[quote=J-Unit40;2039967803]

Newsflash: These games are not going to be that much different from a gameplay vantage point. Count on it. Madden is not all that different than NCAA if you take away the presentation in Madden.

ding ding ding.............we have a winner.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »