Home

Are there any videos online showing the DE's rushing UPFIELD before engaging?

This is a discussion on Are there any videos online showing the DE's rushing UPFIELD before engaging? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Are there any videos online showing the DE's rushing UPFIELD before engaging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
hahah, yeah you know I have some issues with that DE and that OLB (2k video) from a coaching standpoint though. DE = bad technique. Too high and got reached. OLB = same problem that madden has. Run defense is tied to coverage so instead of stepping up and taking on that block in the backfield he waits around like he's trying to go to his zone and allows the blocker to come to him. Good stuff though as far as mobility of blocks. I got some stuff from 2k4 I'm going to show. I didn't know it, but 2k had double team pass blocking even in 2k4. They couldn't pass defenders off though like 2k8. But the double teams are there. I'm going to record that stuff tonight and load it up.
Hey LBZ, I know you mentioned the problem with the Defensive ends many times during the course of development. Did they just ignore you? Did they not know how to fix it? The blocking is still light years behind. I think that's what is making it feel like an arcade game. It's also what is causing the O Line to still not have a true pocket. I still see a wall.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Are there any videos online showing the DE's rushing UPFIELD before engaging?

im sure u guys are talking about the CPU edge rushing but i have been able to do it if i user control the LB or the DE.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #19
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
im sure u guys are talking about the CPU edge rushing but i have been able to do it if i user control the LB or the DE.
Interesting. This is hopeful. Do you have vid capabilities? Ideally, the CPU would do this as well, but if it is possible for the user to do it, that would be a good thing.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #20
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
hahah, yeah you know I have some issues with that DE and that OLB (2k video) from a coaching standpoint though. DE = bad technique. Too high and got reached. OLB = same problem that madden has. Run defense is tied to coverage so instead of stepping up and taking on that block in the backfield he waits around like he's trying to go to his zone and allows the blocker to come to him.
Yeah, the DE did come off high, but, because I've seen DEs get up field in that game, I think he got reached because he was taking an inside move. It ended up looking more like a down block.

The OLB AI was off. Seeing that TE down block should've brought him right up into that play. At worst he should've met the pulling guard further up field & forced that play inside. It looks much worse in slo-mo.

Quote:
Good stuff though as far as mobility of blocks. I got some stuff from 2k4 I'm going to show. I didn't know it, but 2k had double team pass blocking even in 2k4. They couldn't pass defenders off though like 2k8. But the double teams are there. I'm going to record that stuff tonight and load it up.
It's probably asking too much, but... I'd be much more prepared for Ian & co. for '11.

What do you use to record? Would a normal DVD recorder work?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Interesting. This is hopeful. Do you have vid capabilities? Ideally, the CPU would do this as well, but if it is possible for the user to do it, that would be a good thing.
i just bought an iphone 3G so no video but let me find my old phone and ill put a video up

yea it is kind of annoying that the user can trigger the animation by using the pass rush moves (hold the right stick down as u approach the T) but the CPU wont do it on their own
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #22
Rookie

heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRnB5lEwSs4

sorry about the quality and not being able to put the whole replay up because of the stupid glitch that wont allows us to see the entire thing if its too long but u can at least see that pass rusher will duck his shoulder and blow past the tackle
Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #23
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRnB5lEwSs4

sorry about the quality and not being able to put the whole replay up because of the stupid glitch that wont allows us to see the entire thing if its too long but u can at least see that pass rusher will duck his shoulder and blow past the tackle
That is a promising video. I'd like to see the tackle "ride" you up field a little bit more. Also, I'd like to see that same animation where you don't win. Maybe the animation should have the tackle drive you into the ground or have the DE stumble.

A speed rush isn't instantly won as your video shows. With a little tweak though, it would be great. Even a few more frames that add a shuffle step by the tackle would make that perfect.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
By having the DE always engage, it seems the logic is to always have a defensive player in position to stop the run "just in case" the offense runs through the T-G gap. In real life, sometimes DE's sell out to stop the pass.
This is where Pass commit and Run commit would come in handy again. I'd actually like to see that implemented pre-play, where a NFL coach or assistant would likely key his players to one type of play or another in certain situations.

If you pass commit before the play begins, then the DEs would sell out and all out rush the QB. That would be cool for m11.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »