Home

Are there any videos online showing the DE's rushing UPFIELD before engaging?

This is a discussion on Are there any videos online showing the DE's rushing UPFIELD before engaging? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Are there any videos online showing the DE's rushing UPFIELD before engaging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
That is a promising video. I'd like to see the tackle "ride" you up field a little bit more. Also, I'd like to see that same animation where you don't win. Maybe the animation should have the tackle drive you into the ground or have the DE stumble.

A speed rush isn't instantly won as your video shows. With a little tweak though, it would be great. Even a few more frames that add a shuffle step by the tackle would make that perfect.

i only put up the times i got past the tackle but they do drive me to the ground on many occasions especially when im playn with the giants againts the cowboys i think its because the steelers line is bad that i can beat em almost evertime

the only thing i havent seen is the tackle ride me past the QB he either steps in front of me to block the animation or drives me to the ground

here i sthe animation where they drive you to the ground
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp09ssfEy2w
watch from 0:39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: Are there any videos online showing the DE's rushing UPFIELD before engaging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
This is where Pass commit and Run commit would come in handy again. I'd actually like to see that implemented pre-play, where a NFL coach or assistant would likely key his players to one type of play or another in certain situations.

If you pass commit before the play begins, then the DEs would sell out and all out rush the QB. That would be cool for m11.

weren't pass commit and run commit in madden 09 nad NCAA 10?
they arent in madden 10?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #27
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Nice. That animation where the DE loses actually looks great.

So, IMO, just add a few shuffle steps to extend the animation a smidge when the DE wins and I think that would really improve the pocket formation.

I feel that if the animation drove upfield a little more, it would be spot on. I am happy with these vids, thanks man.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Nice. That animation where the DE loses actually looks great.

So, IMO, just add a few shuffle steps to extend the animation a smidge when the DE wins and I think that would really improve the pocket formation.

I feel that if the animation drove upfield a little more, it would be spot on. I am happy with these vids, thanks man.
yea i would love to see the tackle ride you to form a true pocket who knows maybe in the retail version

also would like to see the CPU triggers this animation but at least i can do it myself

np
Old 08-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Hey LBZ, I know you mentioned the problem with the Defensive ends many times during the course of development. Did they just ignore you? Did they not know how to fix it? The blocking is still light years behind. I think that's what is making it feel like an arcade game. It's also what is causing the O Line to still not have a true pocket. I still see a wall.
It was my top priority. Bezo mentioned it alot too. We both said the DE's get up the field too slow, they come out of their stance too high and they do not run the arc. Ian and Phil and those guys listened, but I know why it's not fixed. It's complicated.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Yeah, the DE did come off high, but, because I've seen DEs get up field in that game, I think he got reached because he was taking an inside move. It ended up looking more like a down block.

The OLB AI was off. Seeing that TE down block should've brought him right up into that play. At worst he should've met the pulling guard further up field & forced that play inside. It looks much worse in slo-mo.

It's probably asking too much, but... I'd be much more prepared for Ian & co. for '11.

What do you use to record? Would a normal DVD recorder work?
I used to use a device that hooked up to the xbox and my PC. But I'm no longer using my PC, it's in storage. I just use my Mac and use Imovie.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It was my top priority. Bezo mentioned it alot too. We both said the DE's get up the field too slow, they come out of their stance too high and they do not run the arc. Ian and Phil and those guys listened, but I know why it's not fixed. It's complicated.
Any chance that you could share this? I'm curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #32
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Any chance that you could share this? I'm curious.
If you can't post, can you PM the info? This is very curious to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »