Home

Will Madden 10 get atleast a 9 from IGN?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 10 get atleast a 9 from IGN? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Will Madden 10 get atleast a 9 from IGN?

for the last few years madden has been getting decent scores from ign like 8. somethings (which i didnt even think they deserved scores that high) but has never breached the 9 mark. will this be the year?

i will say yes it gets a 9.1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Will Madden 10 get atleast a 9 from IGN?

Does IGN want to lose it's early hands-on previews every year?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

I also say 9.1
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

9.2 - mainly due to presentation, gameplay will be about 8.5 -8.7
Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Probably will. However, the only game review that site that gets any credit from me is Gamespot. IMHO Gamespot is the most fair rating of any product I have ever seen (movies, games, tv shows, books, etc.) They don't just hand out 9 and 10s like Game Informer and IGN. MAdden 10 will not be a 9 and honestly I have yet to see anything that suggests it should get a 9. 8.5 or 8.75 should be the highest sore Madden gets. People on these boards will have you believe MAdden 10 is going to be the best game of all time. I HIGHLY doubt that fact. Funny thing is peole bash NCAA 10 to no end and the game is really fun to me. Is it as accurate as it can be? Hell no, but I beat Madden every year on All-Madden within 3 games and from then on it's a cakewalk. "Madden 10 will make you think" LOLOLOL Like I havent heard that one before. If you want to think in a video game go buy Civiliation or Total War.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Probably will. However, the only game review that site that gets any credit from me is Gamespot. IMHO Gamespot is the most fair rating of any product I have ever seen (movies, games, tv shows, books, etc.) They don't just hand out 9 and 10s like Game Informer and IGN. MAdden 10 will not be a 9 and honestly I have yet to see anything that suggests it should get a 9. 8.5 or 8.75 should be the highest sore Madden gets. People on these boards will have you believe MAdden 10 is going to be the best game of all time. I HIGHLY doubt that fact. Funny thing is peole bash NCAA 10 to no end and the game is really fun to me. Is it as accurate as it can be? Hell no, but I beat Madden every year on All-Madden within 3 games and from then on it's a cakewalk. "Madden 10 will make you think" LOLOLOL Like I havent heard that one before. If you want to think in a video game go buy Civiliation or Total War.
I only go by IGN, Gamespot and Gametrailers (the fairest IMO). But madden usually always scores well overall no matter who the site is.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

it will get a 9.6
Old 08-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

EA wouldn't let them do the review before the game comes out if it wasn't good. That's how this works. Scratch my back and I will scratch yours. They wouldn't want to risk discouraging sales by having it get the review it deserves. I'm not saying Madden 10 should get a bad review, but it certainly shouldn't get an 8 or 9. 7.5. There is no innovation other than gang tackling, which is more of an augmentation, the gameplay still suffers from most of the samee issues they said they were going to fix and didn't, blocking AI seems to be even worse, and now we get over the shoulder catches on every pass. Combine that with the fact there is still no real pocket, no pass rush from your lineman when you are not controlling them or blitzing, and no sliders for online.

Now, that being said, the game has improved graphics, the gameplay is improved, it's more realistic in game speed, and it's overall "better". Improving on 09 would not have been hard. You don't get kudos for simply improving. You get a 9 when you smack the gaming world in the face with your fantastic product. Still about 2-3 years away from that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »