Home

Interesting find in user pass rush...need confirmation

This is a discussion on Interesting find in user pass rush...need confirmation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Interesting find in user pass rush...need confirmation

Hey fellas, I think I might have caught onto something but I need confirmation from the community to see if I'm right.

One of the big issues with Madden has been the lack of a pass rush from the D-line.

I notice that there have been mixed reviews on the pass rush in the demo.

I'm part of the crowd that can't get a lick of pressure on Eli with Ware, and he's arguably the best rated pass rusher in Mddden 10.

I noticed Steve said in his Q&A session that he too playing with Dallas could not generate any pass rush.

But then I noticed that people playing with the Giants said they were getting good pressure with Osi and Tuck.

Granted, those two are monsters, but Ware is too and he's rated higher than both of them in the game and yet he doesn't get the same effect.

So I played with the Giants and was getting pretty consistent pressure playing as Tuck and then it occured to me.....could it be because of the 4-3 defense?

I decided to run the Giants defensive playbook with the Cowboys and I subbed Spears for Ware and Olshansky for Spencer.

Sure enough I was able to get sacks with Ware AND Spencer when I couldn't do squat out of the 3-4.

Even when running the 3-4 "predator" which is a 3-4 formation that allows for Ware to be on the line like he's a 4-3 end, I still couldn't get any pressure with him.

But yet I go to a 4-3 and put him on the line and sure enough it works.

I'd like for you guys to test this out and tell me if I'm onto something.

It would be a shame if this were true because it would make the 3-4 worthless for me.

It would handicap my defense because by lining up in a 4-3, that means I have to make subs at LB as well.

Ware and Spencer would be replaced as 4-3 OLB's by Carpenter and James who are rated really low at those positions so their awareness makes them liabilities.

Playing in the 3-4 and being able to pressure normally would allow me to keep my best personnel on the field at all times.

I hope that this isn't the case because the 3-4 would be a worthless defense for anyone relying on getting pressure from just their dominant pass rushers (I.E., Ware, James Harrison, Terrell Suggs)

Let me know what you guys find out!

Last edited by Texas Ace; 08-07-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Interesting find in user pass rush...need confirmation

Unfortunalety I dont have a answer... Because I dont have the game...
But I'm insterested to know about this also....
Great find also...

PS: You will see Tuck with more sacks than Ware this season (OSI is back)...
Old 08-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmen1986
Unfortunalety I dont have a answer... Because I dont have the game...
But I'm insterested to know about this also....
Great find also...

PS: You will see Tuck with more sacks than Ware this season (OSI is back)...
Who knows, you may be right.

But for my money Ware is the best defensive player in the game right now.

He is the leagues premier pass rusher.

Hopefully Spencer can can help him form a duo like the one you guys get in New York.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Thumbs up Re: Interesting find in user pass rush...need confirmation

try filling the A-B gaps w/ the MLBs and watch your DE's go! You want WARE 1 on 1 as much as possible, so fill the gaps.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

I would like to know more about this as well. I've been wondering for a while how well the 3-4 works, and so far it doesnt look great. I might be running a 4-3 yet again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ace
Hey fellas, I think I might have caught onto something but I need confirmation from the community to see if I'm right.

One of the big issues with Madden has been the lack of a pass rush from the D-line.

I notice that there have been mixed reviews on the pass rush in the demo.

I'm part of the crowd that can't get a lick of pressure on Eli with Ware, and he's arguably the best rated pass rusher in Mddden 10.

I noticed Steve said in his Q&A session that he too playing with Dallas could not generate any pass rush.

But then I noticed that people playing with the Giants said they were getting good pressure with Osi and Tuck.

Granted, those two are monsters, but Ware is too and he's rated higher than both of them in the game and yet he doesn't get the same effect.

So I played with the Giants and was getting pretty consistent pressure playing as Tuck and then it occured to me.....could it be because of the 4-3 defense?

I decided to run the Giants defensive playbook with the Cowboys and I subbed Spears for Ware and Olshansky for Spencer.

Sure enough I was able to get sacks with Ware AND Spencer when I couldn't do squat out of the 3-4.

Even when running the 3-4 "predator" which is a 3-4 formation that allows for Ware to be on the line like he's a 4-3 end, I still couldn't get any pressure with him.

But yet I go to a 4-3 and put him on the line and sure enough it works.

I'd like for you guys to test this out and tell me if I'm onto something.

It would be a shame if this were true because it would make the 3-4 worthless for me.

It would handicap my defense because by lining up in a 4-3, that means I have to make subs at LB as well.

Ware and Spencer would be replaced as 4-3 OLB's by Carpenter and James who are rated really low at those positions so their awareness makes them liabilities.

Playing in the 3-4 and being able to pressure normally would allow me to keep my best personnel on the field at all times.

I hope that this isn't the case because the 3-4 would be a worthless defense for anyone relying on getting pressure from just their dominant pass rushers (I.E., Ware, James Harrison, Terrell Suggs)

Let me know what you guys find out!
not sure how closely you watch schemes and matchups, but Osi and JT are both more than capable of beating tackles and guards in order to get sacks. guys like james harrison and DWare are not defensive ends (obviously), they are simply edge rushers. they key is to have them blow by the offensive line and beat either a blocking TE or a RB in order to get their sacks.

give that a shot
Old 08-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnverse
not sure how closely you watch schemes and matchups, but Osi and JT are both more than capable of beating tackles and guards in order to get sacks. guys like james harrison and DWare are not defensive ends (obviously), they are simply edge rushers. they key is to have them blow by the offensive line and beat either a blocking TE or a RB in order to get their sacks.

give that a shot
Huh?!

Ware rushes standing up, from a 3-point stance, from the right or from the left.

it has nothing do with Ware.

You don't get 20 sacks in a season for just being an edge rusher.

Ware is just as capable if not more so than those guys of beating anyone one-on-one.

Just ask Walter Jones.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just played the demo on all pro as the Cowboys....Ware was a monster I had 2 sacks, a hit that left the ball floating, and essentially ate up 3 blockers allowing Raitliff to get to the blocker.....although that hasnt been the case most times i played as dallas....i do find Osi and Tuck better TBH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »