Home

Honest question: what are the differences in the weekly rap up of 2k5 compared to M10

This is a discussion on Honest question: what are the differences in the weekly rap up of 2k5 compared to M10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #17
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Honest question: what are the differences in the weekly rap up of 2k5 compared to

To put it shortly, 2k's halftime show just had more life. There was more continuity in the whole system which just made it feel more realistic. In fact, if you didn't know better, you could honestly mistake some of the presentation elements as live broadcast (especially if you experienced it circa 2005).

With EA, it's a completely different feeling. Every presentation element just seems extremely disjointed. It kinda sounds like this:

"Here is the half-time show."

...wait 5 seconds.

"Wow, that was a really great half-time show."

...wait 5 seconds.

"Okay, let's look at the scores around the league."

... wait 5 seconds.

"Wow, those were some really close games."

.... wait 5 seconds.

"Okay, let's send it back to the studio"

... wait 5 seconds

It's so monotonous.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 08-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #18
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Honest question: what are the differences in the weekly rap up of 2k5 compared to

Here's the full extra point half time show:

It's better than the videos we seen of the user skipping through the show. There's a lot of stats. While it can be better, I'm still pretty impressed with it.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
I, for one, would not want to wait 15+ minutes for the game to calculate replays. Many people were happy about 2K5's canned-replays, which only consisted of about 50 total. That has lasted a lot of gamers about 5 years or so.
Just saying that would truly be better, but you have to give up something to get something... in this case it is time. You would have your kick booty presentation, but it would cost you. I would expect PS3 to have something along these lines due to the capacity of blue ray (dont be mad at me xbox360 guys, it is the truth. I own both btw). As a developer I feel there has to be a programmatic way to simulate enough game data to produce dynamic highlights.

I, for once, want to give Madden a chance with their highlights. But IMO I think they are close outside of the ingame highlights.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 08-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #20
Pro

Hummm also I guess I should have made it a bit clearer. I was only speaking on the post game show, not the halftime show. The post/half time show is on par (opinion only) with MLB the show 2009.

4-6-09
Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
IMO, this thread was made with the intent, not to ask a serious question, but to rile up 2K fans. You can't ask a "serious question", get a serious reply back, then come up with a "but, but, but..." kind of response, showing that you obviously did not intend on having a serious discussion. You just want to defend your views and accept no one else's.
Good point. Unfortunately, the problem is that both sides of the discussion are so entrenched in their arguments that neither side really listens. Whenever a discussion is based on personal preference, you'll get nowhere.

But to the same point, lint is entitled to his opinion and this is actually a point that I haven't seen raised before so why not bring it up? I've seen countless posts from the 2K crowd with the same intent at least this is a different point to argue.

I've said it a million times before. I couldn't stand 2K but the one thing that they had that Madden never did was the broadcast style presentation which was incredibly fresh but it was never big enough to hide the series' flaws in franchise mode for me but Madden has made great strides this year in this particular area so I think it'll be interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Good point. Unfortunately, the problem is that both sides of the discussion are so entrenched in their arguments that neither side really listens. Whenever a discussion is based on personal preference, you'll get nowhere.

But to the same point, lint is entitled to his opinion and this is actually a point that I haven't seen raised before so why not bring it up? I've seen countless posts from the 2K crowd with the same intent at least this is a different point to argue.

I've said it a million times before. I couldn't stand 2K but the one thing that they had that Madden never did was the broadcast style presentation which was incredibly fresh but it was never big enough to hide the series' flaws in franchise mode for me but Madden has made great strides this year in this particular area so I think it'll be interesting.
I don't mind this discussion. I like debates and what not. Here is my problem with this entire thread:

I saw the thread title: Honest question: what are the differences in the weekly rap up of 2k5 compared to M10?, and figured I would answer his question with, not my own personal opinion on the matter, but facts. I did so. He then chimes in, "But does that really make it better???"

Which leads me to a conclusion - I am wrong and he is right, and nothing I post is going to change that. I could give him a million reasons but I would be wrong. So what is the point in continuing this conversation, with him anyway, if the whole topic of discussion is a sham?

It is one thing to pose a question and accept the answers you get. It is another thing to pose a question and not accept anyone else's views on the subject, other than yours - everyone else is flat-out wrong. I accept other people's opinions and point of view. The OP, on the other hand, seems to have lead us into the 'ol classic "My opinion is the only one that matters, and here is why" thread.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Madden NFL 10 is superior to ESPN NFL 2K5 off the field (excluding ANYTHING that has to do with highlights, because there aren't any during The Extra Point).

ESPN NFL 2K5, or rather APF 2K8, is superior to Madden NFL 10 ON the field.

EA and 2K, in all honesty, should merge together and just create the king of all football games so we can all be happy.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #24
Pro

I know what is different between the two. All madden had to do was get a bit more studio time with those extra point people and it could have been a bit more polished. overall it is an improvement.

I know 2k5 has better highlight reels, but the new ingame atmosphere in madden appears to be extremely well done. The main intent of the thread is not to cause 2k fans to go into a fit, but to at least take a look at what really is different outside of a few extra scripted lines.

Overall 2k5's weekly show is better than Madden 10 due to better script writers and the addition of canned replays.

Isn't the Extra point close to the what is on NFL network?
Was 2k5 a great representation of ESPN?

OH and I saw where the thread was going... it was about to turn into a one sided argument. In reality I can debate on either side (I get lots of practice messing with my coworkers and their political views). Its not fun when everyone loves one side and hates the other.

4-6-09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »