Home

Thank You EA

This is a discussion on Thank You EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #25
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Thank You EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yes, and if I recall correctly, he gave Madden 08 a low score with the fumble and fatigue issues.
Exactly how low? What was the score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #26
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Has Steve reviewed past current gen Maddens?

The difference in 2k5 getting 9.4 and 2k4 getting a 9.3 is that 2k4 was considered a great game. So when 2k5 gets a better score, it's a great game getting greater. Madden 09 on the other hand is pretty much considered garbage. So when Madden 10 gets .1 more, then you're saying it's .1 better then garbage.

See the difference?
Then what were you expecting Madden 10 to get? A perfect 10? I'm pretty sure that we can all agree that the game isn't of that quality.

It seems that IGN realized that they rated Madden 09 too high. Anyways here's what IGN has to say:

Quote:
Scores Become More Valuable Over Time

Standards and expectations are always changing. As more products are released into the marketplace it alters the perception of what's good, what's great, and what isn't. We recognize that at IGN, and as a result, new reviews are held to a higher standard than those that came before them. Everything is reviewed based on the standards of the day of release. This means that, even if a sequel is technologically better than the product that came before, it wouldn't necessarily receive a higher score because our scores are based on the standards at the time of release.
And I'm not saying I'm against what they did in copying 2k5. I'm just using it in my argument to show you why last generations games got the reviews they did and why current gen Maddens don't. Madden hasn't innovated jack squat in comparison to what they were doing between 01-05. Take a look back at those game and you see truly impressive innovation. The same goes for most 2k games during the time.
What about madden during last gen was more innovative and/or game changing than the improvements in Madden 10?

Quote:
Madden 10 is where Madden 07 should have been. If this game drops in 2006, I wouldn't be complaining about an 8.9 score or any of it's shortcomings. But we're frickin' 4 years into it and they're adding things that were in games 5 years ago...and to a lesser extent to boot.

Just not acceptable to me. We're just going to have to disagree on that I suppose.
FYI, last gen maddens didn't have things that the PS1 maddens had but they were still good games.

I honestly don't know why people are talking like this is the first gen in which they were adding things back that previous maddens had.

Anyways I'm looking very forward to playing madden 10 especially since I've been playing the demo a lot. So yeah... lol
Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #27
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Anyways I'm looking very forward to playing madden 10 especially since I've been playing the demo a lot. So yeah... lol
I hope you do. I don't want to rain on anyone's enjoyment. I got the exclusive demo and tried to feel the same way. I mean, I really...really tried and just couldn't.

Maybe next year.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #28
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yes, and if I recall correctly, he gave Madden 08 a low score with the fumble and fatigue issues.
Actually...I just checked and he hasn't reviewed a current gen Madden. So basically, we have no body of work to go on which means there's no way to gauge the authenticity of the score.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #29
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

WTH is happening? In almost every thread people are e-fighting each other. Wow.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:40 AM   #30
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

My goodness i made this thread for a positive purpose and all people wanna talk about is ign reviews and complain complain complain.. if any mods reading this please lock this thread. All this arguing is ridiculous.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:43 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
Did i say its the new king??? I just said thanks for making a playable game. It still has work to do in order for it not to be compared to my beloved NFL2k5 anymore but they are showing progress. Thats all im saying and thats all i could ask for.
thanks for making a playable game? did you forget that it costs 60$ for this playable game? I dont understand why some people act like game companies are bestowing gifts upon us. its a business, these games cost more money then ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:43 AM   #32
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

^I'm sorry about that guys. I just didn't see what reviews had to do with what this thread was about and then it went downhill from there.

But things are probably just going to get worse as more reviews come...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »