Home

Old 08-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Wow, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Not sure why people are so upset as it's not like they're forcing you to buy it.

And it's not like EA is only company in the gaming industry that is putting up all this DLC either. People need to get over the fact that EA is not the Joesph Stallin of video gaming and they are simply just like all other big guns out there. There is no conspiracy among the higher ups at EA to take over the free world. Calm down people.

I don't like the DLC they offer, so I will not buy it, and that is that. I don't complain that it is there because the DLC does not alter the game play in any way if I do not, and I am not forced to do so. It is not that hard a concept.

Now if they only made the 12 playoff teams of last season available out of the box and forced you to buy the other 20, or they only let you play exhibition, season, and online out of the box and forced you to buy offline or online franchise, then I could understand all the fuss. But what they are trying to sell is nothing of that nature and bares no consequences on your out of the box gaming experience. So ignore it and get on with your lives. End of story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
What's next? Paying for patches?

EA's friggin nuts. They can stuff their DLC right up their elite status.
As long as they don't charge us for things needed to play the game(things like patches), and as long as there aren't any cheats that are able to be used online in head to head games, who cares ?

Are these cheats usuable for online franchise ? Because if they are, it almost forces you to by the DLC because a lot of other people will.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 8

They seem to have forgotten what the C in DLC stands for. Content. None of this is new content. I won't be buying any of it.

I wonder about the keeping a player out of retirement one though -- could you use it on the same player each year, keeping a current-40-year-old guy active into his 70s?
Old 08-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
With the economy Now a days, what do you resort to? I find it ridiculous but I don't blame EA for the poor idea, with a poor economy.
Yeah, with the economy going the way it is, let's charge customers MORE, because they have TONS of free money floating around these days.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Not sure why people are so upset as it's not like they're forcing you to buy it.
well Altimus...*takes a deep breath*.....well, I personally don't have a problem with all that other junk....most of those DLCs, I believe, can be achieved for free......but the whole I idea of having to pay an extra $5 on top of the $65 just to be able to play a ranked ALL MADDEN difficulty is...to put it mildly......ridiculous.

It is a damn difficulty setting, why didn't they leave that part out of the DLC.... I don't care about special colored names....or being a Tiburon groupie...or what ever else that thing comes with......but I would expect to be able to play with any difficulty setting on or offline.....where does it stop, I mean what is next...Madden 2011..."if you want to play the new advanced SIM mode.....pull $5 out of your arse"

but of course you are right, we are not forced to buy it.....but what else is a NFL videogame fan suppose to do...if they want to get their yearly authentic NFL fix.

Last edited by Afrikan; 08-08-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

this wont all be for money. dlc is sometimes fre you know
Old 08-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #31
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Guys EA is a business and the main point of a business is to MAKE MONEY. Plus it doesn't affect the game if you decide to not buy them. It isn't like Fallout 3 or COD:WAW where if you don't buy them then it affect multiplayer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Man, my son begs for Call of Duty maps.

Dad, they are only such and such MS points.

I don't hear anyone complaining paying extra for Call of Duty maps, but it's the old devil EA for charging for DLC that's a user option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »