Home

Old 08-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Wow, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0

The only valid complaint would be if they try use this as a springboard to test the feasibility of selling DLC for **** that should really be included with the game. Actually now that I think about it, I am pretty pissed off that they are making you download that 'Elite' status, especially since it is targeted towards US the OS community and similar types of gamers. We provided so much feedback (granted a TON of it was just nitpicking by people registered in 2009 and trolls [one of which is in this thread with a bears avatar]) and we get thanked by getting the privilege of paying $5 to change the difficulty online? pfft.
I dont think it is being sold like that. I think it is being sold to those who find all madden too easy yet do not want to mess with sliders. So here is elite that makes the game near impossible to beat! Even Joey "noodle arm" Harrington will be able to throw 60 yard perfect spirals.

I really do not feel they are gearing that Elite status to OS members. I personally stay on All-pro to have the most realistic gameplay experience.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 08-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
Wait I did not know VIP has been apart of madden's difficulty levels for years now... my games only went up to all madden. Boy to base your anger on one wrong assumption is a bit much. Its "All madden with a twist" not "all madden".

You're getting infractions because you can barely complete a sentence without cursing or using decent language without capitols. I am not so vein as to get mad at someone for trying to make money.
Doesn't matter, you shouldn't have to pay for them. They should already be included in the game instead of spending $40 worth of codes and unlocks. If they were locked, players should earn them by completing tasks in the game.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
Doesn't matter, you shouldn't have to pay for them. They should already be included in the game instead of spending $40 worth of codes and unlocks. If they were locked, players should earn them by completing tasks in the game.
That is an old way of thinking and is not going to grow the video game industry. Should or should not is all relative to the person. The company has the control and if you want to make an impact do not buy the product and it will go away if enough follow suit. News papers are dying everyday because no one is really coming up with a way to beat the mass influx of information from the internet. Until they find that proper business model, they are going to be charging in different areas till they find what works... the same goes for EA even though they are not hurting for cash right now.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
They seem to have forgotten what the C in DLC stands for. Content. None of this is new content. I won't be buying any of it.

I wonder about the keeping a player out of retirement one though -- could you use it on the same player each year, keeping a current-40-year-old guy active into his 70s?
I asked the same question in a different thread and I was told (by Donny if I remember) that you can only use the retirement packages on a player once.

I'm sure by that age anyway they'll be dropping 5-10 OVR points a year so by the team that extra season is over a guy like Warner may have dropped from a 94 to a 79 by the end of Season 2 so you won't feel the need to keep them well into their 40s imo.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #53
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

someone will buy it....
Old 08-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

We created a monster
Old 08-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't have an issue with EA charging for DLC providing it is not necessary to the function of the overall package. Especially if the DLC prevents increases in retail cost resulting from increasing staff, technical expertise, or development hours.

That said I personally advocate EA and Tiburon increasing the development cycle and offering additional DLC between releases. Ever year EA attempts to remedy the problems of the previous version; meanwhile, implementing new features on a 12 month development cycle. The resulting package commonly fails to fully correct the previous issues and includes significantly flawed new features. Instead really put some time into and release it every 2 or 3 years alternating it with NFL Headcoach and/or an NFL arcade title. Then in the years between releases offer downloadable draft, opening day, and post season rosters for a reasonable fee.

I think it might work. But, what do I know...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #56
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Other than the online VIP thing costing $5, I wonder how much the other DLC options are going to cost...

I would consider the retirement one, although I wouldn't buy it if it were more than $2. Like the majority though, I feel I shouldn't have to pay at all, but that's just the way it is and probably will be from now on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »