Home

The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen

This is a discussion on The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen

Wow.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
BECAUSE ITS BEEN DONE BETTER THAN THIS AND CORRECTLY FOR YEARS!!!! It was perfect on ps2, took a step back the past few years on ps3/360, then another step back apparently for this year....so there you go. No sarcasm, just an answer/

Now....

What?????
This effects your ability pull up the audible screen and call the exact play you want in what way? They show you where they randomly mapped your plays for you...no, you didn't get to pick them yourself...but when you're trying to call an audible it also isn't a guessing game either. You SEE which play is mapped to which button and you press it.

Now if you're just complaining about something that's completely inconsequential just to have something to complain about then please say so. But if you're telling me that the inability to map "HB Slam" to the "B" button prevents you from pressing X to call an audible and see HB Slam mapped to the A button...then your problems lie far beyond setting up audibles in the main menu of the game.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #19
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
formation and/or on the fly audibles need to come back to madden.

the right stick quick audibles can only do so much, but i want to be able to call a run and a pass in the play call screen (05 or 06 on ps2) and audible accordingly.
Agreed. The PS2/XBox/NGC days weren't perfect but the game play commands and options constantly got better. From playmaker pre-snap to defensive playmaker, hit stick, formation audibles, formation shift, quick audible [which was the real name IIRC to what you described, Formation Audibles are what you called quick audibles] the truck stick, then the highlight stick, slide protection etc.

09 brought a lot of stuff over from the last gen to our current gen, however much more has yet to make the leap that should have years ago.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
This effects your ability pull up the audible screen and call the exact play you want in what way? They show you where they randomly mapped your plays for you...no, you didn't get to pick them yourself...but when you're trying to call an audible it also isn't a guessing game either. You SEE which play is mapped to which button and you press it.

Now if you're just complaining about something that's completely inconsequential just to have something to complain about then please say so. But if you're telling me that the inability to map "HB Slam" to the "B" button prevents you from pressing X to call an audible and see HB Slam mapped to the A button...then your problems lie far beyond setting up audibles in the main menu of the game.
You are useless to talk to. BTW...if you want to find out who has problems with the game and who doesnt send a ps3 friend request to jondeloz...I'll be more than happy to show you.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden Head
Agreed. The PS2/XBox/NGC days weren't perfect but the game play commands and options constantly got better. From playmaker pre-snap to defensive playmaker, hit stick, formation audibles, formation shift, quick audible [which was the real name IIRC to what you described, Formation Audibles are what you called quick audibles] the truck stick, then the highlight stick, slide protection etc.

09 brought a lot of stuff over from the last gen to our current gen, however much more has yet to make the leap that should have years ago.
Thank you sir, someone with a useful intelligent response. You are a rarity around these parts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #22
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Not everyone only plays this game against the cpu. In a head to head game, especially head to head in person and not online, no one wants to have to rely on the pop-up menu to call audibles. So i can see how this would be a problem for some people. It's funny how people are quick to jump all over someone, analyze and attack their pesonality without looking at all sides of the situation. This goes on a lot on these boards.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
Not everyone only plays this game against the cpu. In a head to head game, especially head to head in person and not online, no one wants to have to rely on the pop-up menu to call audibles. So i can see how this would be a problem for some people. It's funny how people are quick to jump all over someone, analyze and attack their pesonality without looking at all sides of the situation. This goes on a lot on these boards.

Thank you to another atypically smart open minded OS poster. There is no technical reason that the audible selection screen cant function EXACTLY like the playcall screen. It did just this on ps2, and I cant figure out why it keeps getting stripped down more and more. Why should I have to memorize which audible is which button when it has always told me every other year? Why does NCAA 10 do all of these supposedly simple things that Madden still doesnt do after 5 years on ng? I guess people on here dont want to talk about anything besides their franchise against the cpu though SMH.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
It happens because a vast majority of posters have no idea what it means to play head to head...All they do is sit in a room by themselves, play the cpu and stare at their stats, flapping hand towels and worry about inconsequential things like a logo on the field or superstar mode or CAP. These same folks don't consider for one second that there are many who never play the CPU or franchise because its all about the Head 2 head. I'm personally a guy who never plays the CPU or franchise...I only play head 2 head online and I use practice mode.

I aint hatin on the franchise or CPU players...To each his own but at the same time if those folks would have a clue that there are many other ways to play the game they wouldn't make the idiotic comments that have been made in this thread. Some of you guys need to think outside your little box before commenting on something you obviously don't understand.

Last edited by dat swag; 08-08-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »