Home

The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen

This is a discussion on The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
It happens because a vast majority of posters have no idea what it means to play head to head...All they do is sit in a room by themselves, play the cpu and stare at their stats, flapping hand towels and worry about inconsequential things like a logo on the field or superstar mode or CAP. These same folks don't consider for one second that there are many of use who never play the CPU or franchise because its all about the Head 2 head.

I aint hatin on the franchise or CPU players...To each his own but at the same time if those folks would have a clue that there are many other ways to play the game they wouldn't make the idiotic comments that have been made in this thread.
Exactly!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
It happens because a vast majority of posters have no idea what it means to play head to head...All they do is sit in a room by themselves, play the cpu and stare at their stats, flapping hand towels and worry about inconsequential things like a logo on the field or superstar mode or CAP. These same folks don't consider for one second that there are many who never play the CPU or franchise because its all about the Head 2 head. I'm personally a guy who never plays the CPU or franchise...I only play head 2 head online and I use practice mode.

I aint hatin on the franchise or CPU players...To each his own but at the same time if those folks would have a clue that there are many other ways to play the game they wouldn't make the idiotic comments that have been made in this thread. Some of you guys need to think outside your little box before commenting on something you obviously don't understand.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #27
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

While I agree that I may have overlooked people who do play head to head more than they play online or in a franchise, I still don't see how that changes anything. I already agreed that it's an inconvenience and I also agree that there's no excuse for the change. But I also find it hard to believe that folks can't look at the screen to see their audibles...and if you're worried about H2H games then set your audibles, save your profile, fire up practice mode...and commit the audibles to memory (which happens when you use them enough anyway.)

I just don't want to see another situation like Madden 09 where a good number of people were complaining about things like lighting and field degradation and dirty jerseys and had two patches wasted on inconsequential things while the Franchise mode remained completely and utterly broken. So those who prefer to play "Play Now" games with folks and play online weren't effected but those who love franchise mode was **** out of luck...doesn't really seem fair.

Is it still that big of a problem if you go to practice mode and learn your audibles since you didn't have the luxury of setting them yourselves? I can understand that H2H this might be a prob, but if you see yourself playing Madden 2 weeks from now...do you still see the inability to manually map audibles as a prob? Or do you have your plays memorized already? If it's the latter then do you still see a reason to complain about this?

I dunno...maybe I'm different...I just don't find it as easy as some to complain about something to no end if I can figure out a way to solve the problem.

I really don't see this as a game killer...now if you call an audible and absolutely nothing happens then we have something to bitch about.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
While I agree that I may have overlooked people who do play head to head more than they play online or in a franchise, I still don't see how that changes anything. I already agreed that it's an inconvenience and I also agree that there's no excuse for the change. But I also find it hard to believe that folks can't look at the screen to see their audibles...and if you're worried about H2H games then set your audibles, save your profile, fire up practice mode...and commit the audibles to memory (which happens when you use them enough anyway.)

I just don't want to see another situation like Madden 09 where a good number of people were complaining about things like lighting and field degradation and dirty jerseys and had two patches wasted on inconsequential things while the Franchise mode remained completely and utterly broken. So those who prefer to play "Play Now" games with folks and play online weren't effected but those who love franchise mode was **** out of luck...doesn't really seem fair.

Is it still that big of a problem if you go to practice mode and learn your audibles since you didn't have the luxury of setting them yourselves? I can understand that H2H this might be a prob, but if you see yourself playing Madden 2 weeks from now...do you still see the inability to manually map audibles as a prob? Or do you have your plays memorized already? If it's the latter then do you still see a reason to complain about this?

I dunno...maybe I'm different...I just don't find it as easy as some to complain about something to no end if I can figure out a way to solve the problem.

I really don't see this as a game killer...now if you call an audible and absolutely nothing happens then we have something to bitch about.
When something is needlessly stripped away for no beneficial reason, yes.....it is something to complain about. Like I said, why cant the audible screen be IDENTICAL to the playcall screen like on ps2? It would save the dev team time too b/c they wouldnt have to waste resources on creating the separate GOD AWFUL audible screen we've had the past few years. As long as I can remember, Madden has always shown the buttons at the audible screen, and it is an utterly DUMB oversight to have left that out. No excuse for it. Plus, as I already stated too, NCAA doesnt have any of these problems.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #29
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Already the videos are coming out of the wood works here. People are always finding ways to complain bout every little aspect of madden 10. Goodness can't every just enjoy the freaking game and stop nitpicking for once. Every game has it's small little problems. But overall the game is going to be great. So please so complaining.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 12

Its definately not a game killer and a MINOR issue given the track record of Madden...

The Oroginal Poster needs to know that EA Fanboys are quick to defend anything that is remotely negative about the game...That can be said for any fan boy...Now if you would have had a more chilled title of the thread I doubt you would have seen so much hatin and misunderstanding.

For example if you would have entitled the thread something less derogatory I'm sure the response would have been different...Keep in mind fan boys lay in the cut waiting to defend their game.

Personally there is alot Madden can do better but thus far IMO the game appears to be very good this year and it just may hold my attention for a long time. I can live with the audible issue if thats as bad as it gets. In fact, if the audible issue is the only problem we are very lucky...Cheers!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #31
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I didn't think the OP was "piling on" or attempting to "Troll" at all

He was just upset with another feature taking a step back yet again in the Madden Franchise. It is freaking annoying especially when you consider how well NCAA did it this year.

Issues like this and broken IR are really starting to dampen my excitement for the game

Hopefully we can let the Madden Devs know about it and maybe something can be done with a patch

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-08-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
When something is needlessly stripped away for no beneficial reason, yes.....it is something to complain about. Like I said, why cant the audible screen be IDENTICAL to the playcall screen like on ps2? It would save the dev team time too b/c they wouldnt have to waste resources on creating the separate GOD AWFUL audible screen we've had the past few years. As long as I can remember, Madden has always shown the buttons at the audible screen, and it is an utterly DUMB oversight to have left that out. No excuse for it. Plus, as I already stated too, NCAA doesnt have any of these problems.
Its time to let it go..The complaint is duly noted now its time to go back and enjoy the game for what it is. No need to keep bringing it up...Its a rap. The audibles are a pain in the azz...thats a fact...Now what???...Either complain ar adapt...Adapt dawg...adapt...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »