Home

The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen

This is a discussion on The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #33
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The All New Laughably Bad Madden 10 Audible Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
When something is needlessly stripped away for no beneficial reason, yes.....it is something to complain about. Like I said, why cant the audible screen be IDENTICAL to the playcall screen like on ps2? It would save the dev team time too b/c they wouldnt have to waste resources on creating the separate GOD AWFUL audible screen we've had the past few years. As long as I can remember, Madden has always shown the buttons at the audible screen, and it is an utterly DUMB oversight to have left that out. No excuse for it. Plus, as I already stated too, NCAA doesnt have any of these problems.
And once again, you're absolutely right. But it also doesn't completely kill the game like teams resigning kickers and punters and back up position players over their hall of fame caliber players which results in a good portion of all of the 90+ players being in the free agency unsigned by anyone (Madden 09's franchise.)

I will not disagree that the audible screen in this game is a joke, but I also will not act like it's something in the game that is completely out of my control and a game killer (lack of CPU sliders in Madden 09?)

There is a practice mode, and everyone in here has a memory. If you're worried about people seeing your audibles then just go to practice mode and expedite your memorization of it. Simple.

We can get around this inconvenience, let's not try to make it into something that it isn't.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I didn't think the OP was "piling on" or attempting to "Troll" at all

He was just upset with another feature taking a step back yet again in the Madden Franchise. It is freaking annoying especially when you consider wow well NCAA did it this year.

Issues like this and broken IR are really starting to dampen my excitement for the game

Hopefully we can let the Madden Devs know about it and maybe something can be done with a patch
Your right...and if there was a Franchise feature such as "progession" for example that was broken or unnecessarily complicated people would cry bloody murder up in here...and rightfully so.

We all need to respect each others complaints and those of us who opt to complain need to not take the approach that the Sky is Falling and its the end of the world. Ian and Co. did a remarkable job this year..Lets enjoy the game and celebrate the fact that we are all lucky to be here enjoying what the game has to offer.

I've gone from habitual complainer to a cat who just accepts the game for what it is...I expect problems..No game is perfect but at the same time you gotta give EA a lil credit..They are trying really hard to make sure everyone enjoys the game and that simulation is first. Lets make our complaints known appropriately and keep it moving and positive. No need to rag on a cat with a complaint unless its just an absurd complaint such as a a hand towel not flapping correctly or a mascot wearing the wrong clothes.

And hey if a hand towel or mascot is important to someone ...who am I to judge whether its absurd or not???..Its all about respect.

Last edited by dat swag; 08-08-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 15

my prob is just with the overly dramatic title, and a video to explain what text clearly can. It is just attention whoring at its finest. Find some little issue that hasn't been discussed, blow it out of proportion, make a video/post about it for your own benefit.

I agree, it should let you map the audibles to the button you want. That has pretty much been a standard. BUT The actual effect this has is extremely minor to say the least. I'm assuming it doesn't randomize what buttons your audibles are mapped to for each game you play. If you guys are such hardcore online/head 2 head gamers, then you shouldnt have a problem memorizing what buttons your audibles are assinged to after ONE GAME. A minor inconvience at best...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
my prob is just with the overly dramatic title, and a video to explain what text clearly can. It is just attention whoring at its finest. Find some little issue that hasn't been discussed, blow it out of proportion, make a video/post about it for your own benefit.

I agree, it should let you map the audibles to the button you want. That has pretty much been a standard. BUT The actual effect this has is extremely minor to say the least. I'm assuming it doesn't randomize what buttons your audibles are mapped to for each game you play. If you guys are such hardcore online/head 2 head gamers, then you shouldnt have a problem memorizing what buttons your audibles are assinged to after ONE GAME. A minor inconvience at best...
Its not attention whoring..Its bringing awareness to the community...I know the cat who made the video and maqke no bones about it he does love the spotlight but not in the way of speaking about Madden.

The audible issue is a huge deal for guys who go head 2 head and for tournament players and he was making the video for the benefit of folks who don't have the game and wanted to see what he was talking about.

Oh...and whats wrong with people wanting attention???...It may not be what you or I may do but so what...let them get their shine on if they want to...Why would it matter to you...Nobody forced us to watch the video..or did they???
Old 08-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 4

why cant they seem to get this right?
Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 15

i didn't even watch the video. I started playing it and soon as I saw some dudes face right away I just closed it. Hardly any of these 'glitch/complaint' movies are of substance. I think the last one I watched had some dude waxing poetically about why something was so terrible for like 3 minutes while it just showed a paused replay screen of an RB taking a handoff. Do you really need 8 minutes to break down a 6 second clip of gameplay?

Get your damn shine on doing something with your own talents, not nitpicking stuff with endless 5 minute long videos. They have the right to make the videos and get all the attention they need. I have the right to hate on it.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

I dont think I would be as mad if little things like this havent happened EVERY year of next gen Madden. Ps2 wasnt perfect, but at least it ALWAYS built on what it had done the year before, and didnt mysteriously take away little features and conveniences like this. Why was ng Madden ever put out in the firs place without things like defensive hot routes, slide protection, right stick formation audibles, formation subs? Its these things compounded with this audible thing that have me so heated. Especially when none of these types of things were EVER a problem on ps2....I wonder why...hmm....oh yeah, they had COMPETITION.

Honestly, it is someones job to make the audible screen as presentable and convenient to use as possible, and they failed at that job.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5

LOL, the way you make it sound is like they killed the game.

I set my own audibles too and im not even concerned. That video was insane....he was crying because he had to scroll over to select plays instead of having more menus. Come on!!! Make a video if you have a real problem like players sliding around the field not moving the legs or something.....not the audible menu.

Its not the same as the PS2, move on and adapt or pray for a patch. Ill just adapt and move on
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »