Home

Is EA Taking Paid DLC Too Far for Madden NFL '10?

This is a discussion on Is EA Taking Paid DLC Too Far for Madden NFL '10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is EA taking "paid DLC" too far for Madden NFL '10?
Yes - I will not pay for items that were essentially free in the series long ago. 320 82.90%
No - It is a fair business model/strategy to maximize profits. 66 17.10%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Is EA Taking Paid DLC Too Far for Madden NFL '10?

Here's what I don't get. EA has the NFL license right? They should of known about the AFL 50 year anniversary and better prepare themselves for this rather than "opps we didn't know, I guess we'll just charge people for our ignorance".

As for the extra cheat codes, they should already be in the game with completing goals to unlock them.

I don't mind the old stadiums like RFK, Veteran Stadium, Orange Bowl, etc. excluding Canton. IMO, that should be in the game as well much like Aloha Stadium. Last time I check, Pro-football HOF game was part of the preseason.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
Here's what I don't get. EA has the NFL license right? They should of known about the AFL 50 year anniversary and better prepare themselves for this rather than "opps we didn't know, I guess we'll just charge people for our ignorance".
Here's the problem though. EA WAS aware of this, so they kept the jerseys out of the game to make them PDLC. Think about it...think of all the alt uni's that are in the game. They had time to sort through them all, but just forgot about the AFL 50 anny??? No. They were left out purposefully with the intent to sell.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #51
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Here's the problem though. EA WAS aware of this, so they kept the jerseys out of the game to make them PDLC. Think about it...think of all the alt uni's that are in the game. They had time to sort through them all, but just forgot about the AFL 50 anny??? No. They were left out purposefully with the intent to sell.
Briankbl,

I can understand a little skepticism on your part. The reality is we learned of the NFL's focus on the AFL anniversary pretty late in our cycle. We didn't hatch a meniacal plan to intentially leave these out at the start only to charge for them later.

Let me say this... *If* we were to release a post-launch DLC it is very unlikely that DLC would contain only new uniforms.

Phil
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 15

I think optional PDLC is a good idea. Have it for those that want it and don't mind paying for it. If people don't want it, then they don't have to buy it. Thats why its "optional".

I just hope that EA plans on putting PDLC for having new commentary or having commentary while we watch the highlights in the extra point/halftime shows, etc.

That would be awesome! Just have my money now hehe.

Last edited by joejccva71; 08-08-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Briankbl,

I can understand a little skepticism on your part. The reality is we learned of the NFL's focus on the AFL anniversary pretty late in our cycle. We didn't hatch a meniacal plan to intentially leave these out at the start only to charge for them later.

Let me say this... *If* we were to release a post-launch DLC it is very unlikely that DLC would contain only new uniforms.

Phil
Thanks for clearing this up. But I, along with many others, hope you can explain to us the reasoning behind locking All-Madden difficulty in Online Ranked matches when it has been free for all these years. It just doesn't make any sense, Phil...
Old 08-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #54
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Thanks for clearing this up. But I, along with many others, hope you can explain to us the reasoning behind locking All-Madden difficulty in Online Ranked matches when it has been free for all these years. It just doesn't make any sense, Phil...
I'm 99% sure online ranked games have only ever been on all-pro in previous years. We have never provided a ranked All-Madden game. You could certainly have played unranked All-Madden games, and can this year as well, but they wouldn't contribute to your rank.

Just like the community, we wanted to provide a way to rank folks that preferred to play on All-Madden. On 360 though, we are restricted from offering two sets of rankings. In order to do it, we basically had to make one a service (aka Elite).

If you don't want to pay, don't. The great thing about all of the Madden DLC is it's not required to enjoy the game. You can still enjoy an all-madden online experience, just not one that contributes to your rank.

Phil
Old 08-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
I'm 99% sure online ranked games have only ever been on all-pro in previous years. We have never provided a ranked All-Madden game.

Phil

Yeah, there was ALL-Madden online ranked games.

On old gen, you had the choice to play All-Pro or hardcore. Hardcore was on all-Madden difficulty, with fair play turned off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
Yeah, there was ALL-Madden online ranked games.

On old gen, you had the choice to play All-Pro or hardcore. Hardcore was on all-Madden difficulty, with fair play turned off.
Wait so you're going to "tell" someone that actually works for EA what was in their game? Have you been drinking excessively today?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »