Home

Superstar Mode = Player Lock

This is a discussion on Superstar Mode = Player Lock within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Rookie

KDRIZZLE2K4's Arena

OVR: 9
Superstar Mode = Player Lock

Seriously. No exaggeration, infact I think a player lock in franchise mode would be more fun and in depth. There is absolutely nothing to do but play games, nothing!

Once again you come in as the starter no matter what your rating is, and no matter who's rated higher than you in your postion. You can't see your current season stats. You can't see league leaders in stats. You can't see NFL Records, Pro bowl voting, or anything that would give you a actual reason to play for.

I always hate when people say take Superstar mode out, because its my favorite mode and gets the most play time out of any other mode in the game, but when its nothing more than a watered-down player lock, I agree Superstar mode should not have been in this years game!

I mean I thought NCAA Football 10 RTG was pitiful, in terms of features and having the feeling of actually controlling your player but Madden's Superstar mode makes RTG look like Road to the Show. Even Madden 09 Superstar mode had more things to do than this years.

Only thing that could save this game for me is Online Francise and I'm not even a big Online guy due to the overwheling amount of cheesers running wild in video games. Hopefully I can find a decent league with cheese free dedicated players It would be a low down dirty shame for this game to play as good as it does(Loving the game so far espcially compared to NCAA) and become a frisby due to the lack of replayability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Superstar Mode = Player Lock

You tell em' sister
Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRIZZLE2K4
Seriously. No exaggeration, infact I think a player lock in franchise mode would be more fun and in depth. There is absolutely nothing to do but play games, nothing!

Once again you come in as the starter no matter what your rating is, and no matter who's rated higher than you in your postion. You can't see your current season stats. You can't see league leaders in stats. You can't see NFL Records, Pro bowl voting, or anything that would give you a actual reason to play for.

I always hate when people say take Superstar mode out, because its my favorite mode and gets the most play time out of any other mode in the game, but when its nothing more than a watered-down player lock, I agree Superstar mode should not have been in this years game!

I mean I thought NCAA Football 10 RTG was pitiful, in terms of features and having the feeling of actually controlling your player but Madden's Superstar mode makes RTG look like Road to the Show. Even Madden 09 Superstar mode had more things to do than this years.

Only thing that could save this game for me is Online Francise and I'm not even a big Online guy due to the overwheling amount of cheesers running wild in video games. Hopefully I can find a decent league with cheese free dedicated players It would be a low down dirty shame for this game to play as good as it does(Loving the game so far espcially compared to NCAA) and become a frisby due to the lack of replayability.

HOW THE HELL WAS RTG Pitiful?

You have to work your way up the depth chart, unless you got offered a starting position with your scholarship. Erin Andrews breaks down your career ever week. You do more activities, how is it pitiful?
Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Iluz

― Plato
Old 08-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Serious you can't even check player or league stats? If so what the hell?

I also hate when people say take it out, I like it, it has potential if done right, heck not even right just solidly!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »