Home

Petition for ALL uniforms to be released as DLC

This is a discussion on Petition for ALL uniforms to be released as DLC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:58 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Petition for ALL uniforms to be released as DLC

I usually complain every year about jerseyes Im not going to this year... they finally gave us the option to mix and match and now we can have all the proper combinations this year I dont think anything has been missing where in the past they would forget the rams gold pants broncos white pants etc...

I can live without some unis that teams might only wear once a year this year
Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

For Paid DLC, I think you need to draw the line between "need to have" and "nice to have". Extra jerseys fall into the "nice to have" category, which means I wouldn't mind paying for it. I would never expect to have to pay for a "need to have". Extra uniforms are, in no way, a "need to have".
Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #35
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Do any of you play Rockband or Guitar Hero? Nobody seems to complain about buying songs as DLC, this is no different. If you have 60 to shell on the game, you have 5 more to nab the jerseys they may or may not have left out on purpose
No, I'd say this is just a little bit different. The uniforms are purely cosmetic. New songs for Rock Band directly affect the game play. We're talking extra levels vs new costumes.

Yes, I realize that other games have charged for costume packs as well... but that doesn't make it right. This nickel & diming the gamer with microtransaction crap really needs to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Do any of you play Rockband or Guitar Hero? Nobody seems to complain about buying songs as DLC, this is no different. If you have 60 to shell on the game, you have 5 more to nab the jerseys they may or may not have left out on purpose

100% INCORRECT. The developers have to pay the artist & labels HEAVY licensing fees which is why they are then trickled down to the customer. Ea owns the rights for the Nfl, so providing different colors or even a uniform editor should be FREE!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
100% INCORRECT. The developers have to pay the artist & labels HEAVY licensing fees which is why they are then trickled down to the customer. Ea owns the rights for the Nfl, so providing different colors or even a uniform editor should be FREE!
...and do you think these uniforms just appear out of thin air? SOMEONE has to create them, and I doubt the people who'd do that will work for free.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
...and do you think these uniforms just appear out of thin air? SOMEONE has to create them, and I doubt the people who'd do that will work for free.

Yes someone has to create them, as switching colors around & basic patterns.... Easily someone can create all of these uniforms in a couple of days. Many developers also provide "free" content to their loyal customers.

I see no reason why one of the best selling video games of all time cannot provide that to the consumer. In the end it doesn't matter to me, because I will not be buying this game but for the gamers who actually love Madden it would be nice.

peace
Old 08-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
Yes someone has to create them, as switching colors around & basic patterns.... Easily someone can create all of these uniforms in a couple of days. Many developers also provide "free" content to their loyal customers.
Easily? A couple of days? How many games have you designed? It's gotta be a ton, since you're so knowledgeable on the process of creating in-game content and the time it takes to do that.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Easily? A couple of days? How many games have you designed? It's gotta be a ton, since you're so knowledgeable on the process of creating in-game content and the time it takes to do that.

Actually Mr. Smart guy I have developed games & went to College for this. Even persons though with common sense would know that the code is already generated within the program. No different than Ncaa, APF or any other football game that allows you to create uniforms.

All a programer has to do is choose the color code, line code & create. A uniform can easily be done in less than 30 mins.

So while "you" think it is a difficult task it is actually very easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »