Home

QB Sneak (how to NOT make the QB Dive)

This is a discussion on QB Sneak (how to NOT make the QB Dive) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: QB Sneak (how to NOT make the QB Dive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglami
Maybe this was a 'fix,' but I used to use the QB Sneak on 3rd and 1 or 4th and inches late in games. It usually either got me a 1st down, made my QB fumble, or got him hurt. This year, it seems that they force the QB to dive. Sometimes he loses yards, sometimes he gets a few inches. Is there any way to NOT make him dive? I wanna run him for a yard then make him dive when I am good and ready.
You have to be kidding (sarcasm). The part in bold is what a QB Sneak is...keyword being sneak. You'll never see a QB on Sundays take a snap and run/morph through the C/NT for a yard or more. People you are the reason Madden up until now was unplayable online outside a friends list. The part in red has absolutely nothing to do with a real QB Sneak. Like previously mention QB Draw is the answer. Aside from that when the first thing that pops in your head on third and short or fourth and short you obviously lack any real playcalling, you just rely on a cheap gimmick that was FIXED, because all QBs just dive forwards on that play. They don't run up right.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
The QB will do the dive animation if there are 5 or more down linemen.
This is the correct answer, getting completely brushed over. I don't have Madden yet, but it's the same way as in NCAA.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
The QB will do the dive animation if there are 5 or more down linemen.
Did all of you just ignore this post? He's right you know...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

yea dude. the qb sneak has been changed. it's been seen as more of an exploit rather than a legitimate move because its so easy to get the 1 or 2 or even more yards against a goal line defense which it isn't really in actuality.

So in order to make it more realistic, they made it so that if the defense has 5 or more lineman on the line of scrimmage, that your QB actually dives as they would in real life. Im pretty sure when u see a QB do a sneak in a real game, u dont just see them running up the middle all willy nilly and whatnot. That's asking for you QB to get his head smashed in. So thats why they dive in behind the strength of their offensive line. The better your Offensive line is at pushing the DLine back, the better the chance that your QB can dive further and get that 1st down or touchdown. You can use the O-line audible to get them to be more aggressive but of course that doesnt always work

im happy its like this now though...i was so tired of my little bastard cousins QB sneaking everytime they were on the goal line or 3rd and 1/4th and 1 and they could easily get it with no reprecussions. injuries didnt happen enough on the old QB sneaks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »