Home

Please EA change commentators

This is a discussion on Please EA change commentators within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Please EA change commentators

This has to be by far the worst part of this game. This game is pretty solid all the way around otherwise. Tom and Chris have to go. I turn them off because I am tired of feeling nauseous when I am playing. At this point I will even take Phil Simms even though he is a wanna be John Madden. Anyone but these two.
Mets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Please EA change commentators

Tirico, Jaworski and Gruden?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamertom
This has to be by far the worst part of this game. This game is pretty solid all the way around otherwise. Tom and Chris have to go. I turn them off because I am tired of feeling nauseous when I am playing. At this point I will even take Phil Simms even though he is a wanna be John Madden. Anyone but these two.
from what i can tell..it is the worst part of the game..the demo hasnt showed anything really new to it..but i think it was a time constraint that is why its not improved very much this year..i bet next year they'll change it.

This is what im hoping for.. a commentary pak in DLC..i'd pay for it, seriously but the commentary from what i've hard and seen thru other impressiosn dont really ruin the overall atmosphere..its just the game would be even better with good commentary.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah and to think...Ian was ripping on Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe.

Madden 10's commentary sounds elementary compared to those two and they were just paid voice actors.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Well I was pleasantly surprised to hear them talk about me not kicking to Jerious Norwood in the 4th quarter after he had scored a TD on a return earlier in the game in the 1st quarter. It isnt distracting it seems to adapt with milestones in franchise mood and it also adapts to in game situations such as I pointed out. Not terrible effort but a DLC pack with another announcing team would be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Personally, I think the problem is more on EA's technology end of things. I don't think the announcers are that bad, just the way that everything ends up getting edited together makes it sound choppy and unrealistic, issues that other sports games not by EA don't seem to have.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80
Personally, I think the problem is more on EA's technology end of things. I don't think the announcers are that bad, just the way that everything ends up getting edited together makes it sound choppy and unrealistic, issues that other sports games not by EA don't seem to have.
Don't blame EA. EA Canada with their NHL and Fifa games has some of the BEST play by play commentary you're gonna find. It doesn't sound all spliced together like Madden does. It's the fault of those that make Madden. They need to head to Canada to learn how to do game audio.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

I think that the commentary is ok....but the problem is that They seem disconnected not only from each other but from the game and that is not a good thing. Even the Extra Point Halftime show commentary is off. They should hire the 2K commentary guys and also place berman to do the Halftime duties and comment on the plays of the half!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »