Home

Barry Sanders in M10 ESPN article

This is a discussion on Barry Sanders in M10 ESPN article within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Barry Sanders in M10 ESPN article

If you go to player management in the menus if you look above all NFL it says NFL Greats...it has A LOT of people and A LOT of 99's..I don't know what you can do with them though..i'll check tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone Jackson
I saw Barry Sanders play in college and in the pros. He was an incredible RB.

Barry Sanders did NOT have the speed and power of Adrian Peterson. Peterson will be the best RB ever to play the game. All he has to do is stay healthy. Adrian Peterson has every single attribute that all the great RB's had throughout history rolled into one.
all he needs to do is have 8 more godly years in row......should be cake................come on man, peterson on the lions would have ben forgetable.....watch my vid on previous page, barry did it all himself....hwould do 2500 on the 2009 vikings!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180
best runningback ever
Agree to disagree. Barry Sanders is a great running back no doubt, but the greatest back I ever saw was Terrell Davis. His combination of speed, power and cut back ability was the reason the "great" John Elway has those 2 shiny rings.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone Jackson
I saw Barry Sanders play in college and in the pros. He was an incredible RB.

Barry Sanders did NOT have the speed and power of Adrian Peterson. Peterson will be the best RB ever to play the game. All he has to do is stay healthy. Adrian Peterson has every single attribute that all the great RB's had throughout history rolled into one.
100% agree. Adrian Peterson has a great chance,barring injury, to rewrite the rushing record books. He is easily the best combination of speed and power the league has ever seen. He looks like a racehorse when he runs. I have Sunday Ticket and when 49ers games arent on im almost always watching this freak of nature.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:10 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 8

Jeeze, murder a couple people and everybody forgets you were a phenomenal RB... Assuming OJ could maintain the pace for an extra two games (NFL had 14 game seasons at the time), he'd have had 2290 yards in 1973 and 2077 yards in 1975. He'd also own the yards from scrimmage record with 2563. His 143 yards/game average in 1973 still stands as the best ever. Anyway, he has the resume to be in any best ever RB discussion. Nobody mentioned Dickerson either -- He cracked 1600 yards four times (barry did it twice) and owns the record for yards in a season. Barry and Jim Brown were absolute beasts but it ain't a two-horse race.

Regarding Jim Brown, PFR recently had an interesting blog about him. Basically it suggests Brown was in division with relatively weak run defense, which might explain why his numbers were so absurdly good. Not that they wouldn't have been good anyway, but it might explain why he was so FAR above everybody else. I did my own checking... There were 14 teams in the NFL at the time, split into 7 teams east and west. The top 5 rush defenses for 1960-1965 were all in the west while Brown played the vast majority of his games against East teams. (Detroit, Green Bay, Baltimore, Chicago, and the Rams were the top 5)
Old 08-10-2009, 04:45 AM   #30
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Granted he's a great player by no means he is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Come on now. That's pushing it. Let's all undermine what Emmitt Smith did or what LT is doing now. How about how Walter Payton never deliberately ran out of bounds but took hits instead of going out of bounds which Sanders did often. Or Jim Brown just crushing defenders like a bowling ball to pins.

Also, Sanders is a quitter. Yes I said it.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:52 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

Here's the truth, forget RB.

Walter Payton is the BEST player to EVER put on a uniform. No one can be called the best if they don't bring home the gold.

While I think Barry was a very good RB, Payton is the best player to ever play the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
Here's the truth, forget RB.

Walter Payton is the BEST player to EVER put on a uniform. No one can be called the best if they don't bring home the gold.

While I think Barry was a very good RB, Payton is the best player to ever play the game!
Walter Payton was truly great. But again, he did not have the kind of speed that AD has. I'm tellin you Adrian Peterson is a cyborg. I have NEVER seen a RB attack the line of scrimmage like him. Go back and look at the film of all the great runners throughout history. None of them had the explosiveness of AD. This is a fact. AD combines the elusiveness of Barry Sanders, with Gale Sayers like cutting ability, power like Earl Campbell, the heart of Walter Payton and the speed of Eric Dickerson. AD is the new standard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »