Home

ncaa import draft rating too low?

This is a discussion on ncaa import draft rating too low? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #33
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: ncaa import draft rating too low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
He will go first round, but I doubt top 10.

Tebow has better accuracy than Young, but he does not have better arm strength. Not even really close.

And Young is the exact reason why Tebow wont go so high. These dual threat QBs that get drafted high dont usually pan out that well. Im not talking about guys who can move well like Romo, McNabb and Roethlisberger...Im talking about the QBs who look to run first and pass second, which is what Tebow is.

I like Tebow, as a player and a person, but unless he proves more with his arm, he isnt going to go in the top half. Late teens, early 20s would be my guess.
I agree that I don't think he's going to be a top 10 pick, nor do I think he should be, BUT it completely depends on where in the draft teams are picking.

There's a lot depending on him moreso than say Bradford who is the more traditional NFL prospect, but again, if the Lions have the #1 pick again, they're not going to take a QB and probably would trade out, it all depends on team need and where certain teams fall into the draft order.

Teams like Seattle have 2 picks in the draft next season (as do San Francisco), and I could definitely see a team like Seattle, who have a QB that is probably headed towards the downside of his career take a shot at Tebow early on and have him sit for a few years, using him situationally (like he was used his freshman year) until he's ready for a shot at starting.

Tebow's upside and potential are what is going to get him drafted in the first round. He's not the type of guy who's going to be expected to save a franchise or even play right away, ala Stafford and Flacco, but his intangibles and specific abilities will let him be used in other ways while hes learning a pro-style offense.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by realultimatepower
I agree that I don't think he's going to be a top 10 pick, nor do I think he should be, BUT it completely depends on where in the draft teams are picking.

There's a lot depending on him moreso than say Bradford who is the more traditional NFL prospect, but again, if the Lions have the #1 pick again, they're not going to take a QB and probably would trade out, it all depends on team need and where certain teams fall into the draft order.

Teams like Seattle have 2 picks in the draft next season (as do San Francisco), and I could definitely see a team like Seattle, who have a QB that is probably headed towards the downside of his career take a shot at Tebow early on and have him sit for a few years, using him situationally (like he was used his freshman year) until he's ready for a shot at starting.

Tebow's upside and potential are what is going to get him drafted in the first round. He's not the type of guy who's going to be expected to save a franchise or even play right away, ala Stafford and Flacco, but his intangibles and specific abilities will let him be used in other ways while hes learning a pro-style offense.
you think 1st rounder dude tim tebow to me will ve drafted in the late rounds i dont think he will be good as qb....i see him a fb or rb that just me
Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 12

I think it's okay for Spiller's speed rating to drop a few points when he gets into Madden, because you could argue it's is relative speed to the rest of the NCAA vs. the NFL... and in general NFL players are faster, but nobody can argue that Spiller and Jamal Lewis should have the same speed rating... that's absurd.

I have exported 5 years worth of NCAA 10 classes, and when I get Madden 10 I'm going to start up a franchise and sim through a couple years of drafts to see how key guys are coming in - then I'll decide if I'm going to use the NCAA draft classes or stick with the built in draft classes. I like the authenticity of having "real" draft classes, but not if there are going to be shenanigans like Spiller having the same speed rating as Jamal Lewis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #36
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
He will go first round, but I doubt top 10.

Tebow has better accuracy than Young, but he does not have better arm strength. Not even really close.

And Young is the exact reason why Tebow wont go so high. These dual threat QBs that get drafted high dont usually pan out that well. Im not talking about guys who can move well like Romo, McNabb and Roethlisberger...Im talking about the QBs who look to run first and pass second, which is what Tebow is.

I like Tebow, as a player and a person, but unless he proves more with his arm, he isnt going to go in the top half. Late teens, early 20s would be my guess.
You my friend have never seen a Florida football game. All of Tebow's runs are DESIGNED. The QB power's and the option's are DESIGNED. To say he looks to run first and pass second tells me you know little about football. Just because this guy is mobile and carries the rock 10 time a game, doesn't make him a run first guy. Run first guys are guys that drop back make one read, two tops and tuck it and run. Guys like Vick and Young. Every time Tebow drops back he has the intent to throw the ball. He makes all the necessary reads. Please do yourself a favor and actually watch a player first before you make a comment. You'll be better off.

Back on topic, I wish they would give us the opportunity to edit the draft classes to our liking. I know some people don't like to know the plyer's ratings, but I like realism. I think it should atleast be an option.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
i simmed a season and went on a draft some noticeable players ratings

tebow - 72
bradford - 62
colt mccoy - 55

dez bryant - 61
gerald mccoy - 67

these players projected to go atleast top 15 in next years draft.....

yeah thats sooo dumb. they should all be 10 points higher
Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #38
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Forgive me, perhaps Mr. Tebow will be a good pro QB, I don't see it, and neither do a lot of scouts, but that's neither here nor there.

The fact is that certain QBs, RBs, OL, etc. come in as "can't miss" guys and end up out of the league after 5 or so years because they are mediocre. This is more akin to the reality of the NFL and moving away from the old system where a kid who was a 99 in NCAA was high up in Madden too.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #39
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLukeisamazing
Why do people get so fed up over this? Go back over any draft and look through the first 20 picks and I guarantee you'll find 5 busts each time.

Also, for the 376th time, Tim Tebow is not going in the top 10, or the top 20, or the first round.
Are you serious, Tebow will be a 10 top ten pick, not sure what your talking about.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 08-10-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #40
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Sounds like this is just another thing that EA claimed they fixed but didn't really. Why the hell would they ever bump down a guy's speed rating? Things that have to do with pure physical talent should never be lowered. Running backs could lose awareness, break tackle ability carrying, etc. but should not lose their agility or their speed. The same goes for QBs. Their arm strength and speed shouldn't take a huge hit but their awareness and accuracy could.

Every year I get excited about the changes the EA team makes and every year they lie. I could swear I remember reading an article where Ian said that they were no longer significantly bumping down speed for imported players but would simply be lowering other attributes. All you guys making excuses for this are simply contributing to the reason EA continues to get a way this crap where they say something is fixed but in reality hasn't been changed at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »