Home

ncaa import draft rating too low?

This is a discussion on ncaa import draft rating too low? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #57
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ncaa import draft rating too low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling1202
I think that the draft classes are a tad too low.. Eric Berry came in as an 80 for me after being a 99 in college...
Haha i think he's being sarcastic...i hope he's being sarcastic at least...
Old 08-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #58
MVP

CKW11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovangian
FOR THE FINAL TIME GUYS. IAN and DONNY have stated that the speed rating is not a 40 time. Its how fast the player plays.
Pretty sure everyone knows that. Spiller plays very fast. Dont know what else to tell you.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
the overall ratings are ok.. its the attribute ratings that bug me. guy like CJ spiller dropping 10+ points in speed to a 83?

Since when do guys get slower just because they go to the NFL.
Speed ratings should take a hit because the speed of a player is relative to the speed of the other players in the game, which is reflected in the ratings.

Just because you're the fastest player on the field in college, doesn't mean you'll be the fastest player on the field in the NFL.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #60
MVP

CKW11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Speed ratings should take a hit because the speed of a player is relative to the speed of the other players in the game, which is reflected in the ratings.

Just because you're the fastest player on the field in college, doesn't mean you'll be the fastest player on the field in the NFL.
Sure they should take a hit, just not this drastic. Spiller is a speed back, his speed is what makes him effective. You give him a speed of 83 that puts him in the power running back range, and if you put a speed rb in power rb range then he is not gonna be effective at all.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 10

no way dez bryant can be a 61
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #62
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
Sounds like this is just another thing that EA claimed they fixed but didn't really. Why the hell would they ever bump down a guy's speed rating? Things that have to do with pure physical talent should never be lowered.
Well, yes they should, though not to this degree. The problem is that an 85 speed in NCAA is not the same thing as an 85 speed in Madden... they don't mean the same thing, so Madden should be bringing some players down to get in line with Madden's scale.

But 95s becoming 85s are ridiculous.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

My two cents:

I agree that rookies should come in way worse. Stafford is a 79 to start this year. That's the #1 pick, mind you. Other top rookies are in the low 70s. What is more important is the progression system and it sounds like its been drastically improved.

As exciting as it was to draft Tyson Jackson with the 5th pick and have him come in at 98 overall, that would never happen. Even Mario Williams wasn't THAT nasty his rookie year. I want guys to come in having to compete for jobs, and then see what happens. It sounds like guys can go up as much as 10 pts overall after a good season, so Tebow in your example could be an 82 by his second season. Even that seems generous.

Spiller's 83 speed is bad news, but not as bad this year as it would've been last year. This year speed has been totally reworked, and you find guys like T.J. Houshmanzadeh with 82 speed, and CBs with 79 speed, and everyone else with just lower speed. Some of this is accounted for with the other ratings like ACC, AGI, etc. (what are Spillers numbers?), and some of it is accounted for in gameplay, where the difference between players speeds has been severely downplayed. Willie Parker might get away from lineman with no problem, but he can still get tracked down by slower LBs just because of the new angles and game pace.

And oh yeah, I agree that Tebow won't go nearly as high as everyone thinks. Don't get me wrong, he is one of the greatest college players I've ever seen, but the type of success he is having won't translate that well to the pros. I'd take the under on an over/under first round bet.

Peace,
-Ewberdude
Old 08-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Size seems to factor in, it almost feels like they just used an old way of importing from one of the PS2 Madden's but with the revamped overall system.

I maxed out George Selvie in NCAA but he is NEVER a top 5-10 pick, and sometimes is as low as the 6th round. However, big guys are consistently projected in the first three rounds.

I've noticed the same with QB's, the 6'5 guys are always stapled in at the same positions (mid-rounds if they were the 5th or 6th best coming out) while the shorter guys fluctuate much more often. Tebow has only been a 1st rounder once in about 5 draft attempts. McCoy is always a later round pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »