Home

Free Agency is not 100% guaranteed

This is a discussion on Free Agency is not 100% guaranteed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Free Agency is not 100% guaranteed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Do the players give reasons for why they will not sign? I hated that 09 junk with the one generic more money comment. It would be great to see more of an RPG approach to FA in the near future.
I tried to sign someone, and they kept saying "More money, or more years."

So I added more and more years, and kept getting denied. Same reason.

Then, I added more and more cash and kept getting denied. Same reason.

Then, for kicks, I maxed out his bonus, yearly salary and years played. Same response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 16

This is awesome, and extremely realistic. Sometimes players just don't want to have anything to do with a team anymore. Or just want to move on. (T.O. case in point). I'm extremely happy to see people commenting positively about this.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #27
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Do the players give reasons for why they will not sign? I hated that 09 junk with the one generic more money comment. It would be great to see more of an RPG approach to FA in the near future.
Like TJ said, the responses are generic, but you can look at the players interest and it has many different aspects of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
That's awesome. I guess I might actually have use for the franchise tag now.
Yes, I had to use the franchise tag legitimatly for the first time ever since it was introduced to Madden

Old 08-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #28
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

What happen to the interest bar though were you had a idea at least if you were close to getting the guy or had no chance? I can't seem to find it now.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 9

lol i dont kno anybody who has signed him yet. i gave him everything and some and he wouldnt sign w/ me. and i fit his interests so perfectly...i wasnt trippin
Old 08-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Im also playing with my niners and yes he didnt want to sign first (McAllister) but I was able to throw in more in the signing bonus and I signed him for a year and traded him for a second and fourth round pick. Just wait down jump on me. I then signed M.Harrison to a year contract and traded him and the second round pick I got for McAllister and got a 1st rounder and a third. I did this because next year we have 2 picks in the first round and I wanted to be like its going to be in real life next year.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #31
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I signed Macallister with the Lions for 1 year and 10 mil total bonus/contract :P pretty nuts I must say but I needed a better CB. Lions defense is actually pretty decent with the 2 vets they added at LB, Though the safeties are pretty weak I hope the one rookie gets better.

Still with that huge signing my cap room was very low so I was not able to do much. BTW where is Plaxico I didnt see him on the FA list with the latest rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
What happen to the interest bar though were you had a idea at least if you were close to getting the guy or had no chance? I can't seem to find it now.
It's GONE from the game. I already complained about this in the impressions thread. Worst move ever to remove it. It's all about blindly making offers and "guess and check". Also morale and all other "interests" are gone.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »