Home

The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

This is a discussion on The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 28
The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

I hate to start another impressions thread but I had not played Madden since early September and the more I play, the more this game is growing on me.

I started a Panthers season two days ago. Playing All-Pro, 7 minute quarters.

The thing I like is that the game picks up tendencies. I like to sweep to one side but before I snap the ball, I send the receiver on the side I am running to in motion. The AI picked this up after a few times and started to shift the defense to that side as soon as it was recognized the WR was in motion.

You would think that in the next game that I could get away with this play -- NOPE..The AI read it again. This game makes you get somewhat creative.

The other thing I like is that I rely heavily on my running game. I have had games where Williams will roll up 150 yards then 50 the next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

Same here. It's almost November and I'm still playing Madden which is a first. I'm not even touching NCAA or MLB 09 The Show anymore.

There's no doubt about it as far as I'm concerned - this is the best Madden ever.

Default all-pro. It plays fine out of the box, no sliders needed for me.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am playing this game to death as well. Great job EA
Old 10-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I hate to start another impressions thread but I had not played Madden since early September and the more I play, the more this game is growing on me.

I started a Panthers season two days ago. Playing All-Pro, 7 minute quarters.

The thing I like is that the game picks up tendencies. I like to sweep to one side but before I snap the ball, I send the receiver on the side I am running to in motion. The AI picked this up after a few times and started to shift the defense to that side as soon as it was recognized the WR was in motion.

You would think that in the next game that I could get away with this play -- NOPE..The AI read it again. This game makes you get somewhat creative.

The other thing I like is that I rely heavily on my running game. I have had games where Williams will roll up 150 yards then 50 the next.
Did you just start playing madden 10? Cause the more I play the more I see bugs and glitches, so I stopped playing.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson9937955
I am playing this game to death as well. Great job EA
I agree. Even with the amount of glitches and things I don't like about the game, there just seems to be enough to keep me into this game. I find i'm slider tweaking like mad but that's alright.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

I'm still enjoying it as well - but I've found all pro too easy at this point so I've started playing games with my skill and I'm getting some very competitive contests.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

Same here, but some people will never be happy.

This game after patch #1 with a few house rules and custom sliders is very fun. I was going to wait till patch #2 to start my dynasty but i just couldn't wait. If patch #2 fixes what is expected this is sports game of the yr for the 360 in my mind.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
Same here, but some people will never be happy.

This game after patch #1 with a few house rules and custom sliders is very fun. I was going to wait till patch #2 to start my dynasty but i just couldn't wait. If patch #2 fixes what is expected this is sports game of the yr for the 360 in my mind.
Anytime you have to implement house rules in order to enjoy a game, there's a problem. The more I played madden 10, the more I hated it because I saw it for what it really was, which is a very poor effort.

The only time stars stand out is if they're a running back, or a QB. Every other player is interchangable ; that's makes the franchise mode a waste of time. The devs didn't spend that much time on franchise anyway.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »