Home

Someone who has advanced through a few years in Franchise

This is a discussion on Someone who has advanced through a few years in Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Someone who has advanced through a few years in Franchise

This only applies if you were using NCAA 10's draft classes and if so are the rookies that come in in a couple seasons dramatically better than the ones after the first season. It seems as though all the players in NCAA were in the 90s and there were so many 99s, are there going to be a bunch of Sam Bradfords and Taylor Mays' in the draft classes because if so that will be ridiculous. Ive seen a bunch of guys who were 3 stars in last years class be a 99 overall at the end. The progression was ridiculous and I am just hoping that that doesn't affect the draft classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Someone who has advanced through a few years in Franchise

It doesn't, 99 overall Sam Bradford comes out in mine at 73 overall, tebow is like 70, the highest rookie in mine was Taylor Mays at like 86, there were only 4 players above 80
Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Rookie

yea the ratings are good the first year, but I mean in like 2 years when all those 90 overall players from NCAA that are in the draft class(because NCAA's progression system sucks) are drafted are they all that good. I mean are there a bunch of 70 and 80 overall players in the draft in a few years as opposed to a few the first couple or do they make sure that the overalls are consistent every year from the draft classes.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Rookie

bump
Old 08-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

the problem in ncaa is the ovr ratings are inflated. the players actual skills are worse than most players in ncaa 09 but the equation for ovr in ncaa 10 is just off and produces inflated ovr ratings. madden has a completely different equation so you wont see a problem with 99 ovr ncaa 10 players being 90 ovr in madden their rookie year.

also looking at a players overall is a horrible way to judge a player. people need to stop crying about overall ratings being to high or to low and need to start looking at the accompanying ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Yeah I get what you mean by overalls not being too important, but the only thing I have a problem with is you have a guy like Bradford who is sure to have a bright future, and then you have a guy like Tate Forcier who will never be as good as him in the NFL, but they come out with the same rating as in my draft class he was a 99. So I just find it ridiculous that these guys will be similar overalls when they definitely are not. That's all I have to say anymore about this subject.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I simulated 3 drafts with imported rosters and all of those 99 rated guys by the 3rd draft class aren't coming in any higher than the first draft class. It seems built in that there will only be a certain amount of "great" players in any given draft class. Even in the first year 99 and 98 rated QB's like Colt McCoy, Zac Robinson, and Daryl Clark come in projected as 5th rounders to undrafted.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
Rookie

sounds good to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »