Home

Worst Madden Ever

This is a discussion on Worst Madden Ever within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Worst Madden Ever

With all the talk they gave off this past year about this Madden I was hyped. I reserved it the first possible day. I visited the blog, twitter, and this site everyday.

I finally played the game and I have to say its the biggest piece of garbage ever made.

Man coverage is still terrible. Just as bad as last year. The only thing that makes it look slightly better is that zone coverage sucks too.

The run blocking is complete garbage. The line constantly goes to block the second level with complete disregard for the first level. They go to block the Strong Safety rather than shifting over to block the outside linebacker.

The fight for the fumble is the worst feature theyve ever done. What were they thinking? It was fine the way it was and then they add pressing buttons rapidly. Dumb.

The accelerated clock online is terrible. You dont have the time to audible and shift players around and if you wanted to and were skilled enough you could run an entire half off the clock and I did just that last night to experiment.

No run and pass comit? Wow! In the real NFL that really does happen. Teams will stack to defend the run or the pass and at the snap of the ball they will jump for a PA and be wrong.

The recievers drop way to many passes now. Open passes at times. The running backs and fullbacks can catch lob passes. Third String WRs drop so many passes crossing over the middle taking a hit by the backers that its become unrealistic.

Theres so many more features that I hate in the game but I dont feel like writing a book. I just think this is the worst game theyve made by far. They were on the right track with the previous madden and all they had to do is improve the blocking and man coverage and they would have easily repaired major holes in the game and everyone would have been happy go lucky but they rebuilt the whole game and ended up with more flaws than they started with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Worst Madden Ever

That this person some how favors Madden 09 over Madden 10 (by calling it the worst Madden ever) makes me reject his entire post.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by circasurvive
With all the talk they gave off this past year about this Madden I was hyped. I reserved it the first possible day. I visited the blog, twitter, and this site everyday.

I finally played the game and I have to say its the biggest piece of garbage ever made.

Man coverage is still terrible. Just as bad as last year. The only thing that makes it look slightly better is that zone coverage sucks too.

The run blocking is complete garbage. The line constantly goes to block the second level with complete disregard for the first level. They go to block the Strong Safety rather than shifting over to block the outside linebacker.

The fight for the fumble is the worst feature theyve ever done. What were they thinking? It was fine the way it was and then they add pressing buttons rapidly. Dumb.

The accelerated clock online is terrible. You dont have the time to audible and shift players around and if you wanted to and were skilled enough you could run an entire half off the clock and I did just that last night to experiment.

No run and pass comit? Wow! In the real NFL that really does happen. Teams will stack to defend the run or the pass and at the snap of the ball they will jump for a PA and be wrong.

The recievers drop way to many passes now. Open passes at times. The running backs and fullbacks can catch lob passes. Third String WRs drop so many passes crossing over the middle taking a hit by the backers that its become unrealistic.

Theres so many more features that I hate in the game but I dont feel like writing a book. I just think this is the worst game theyve made by far. They were on the right track with the previous madden and all they had to do is improve the blocking and man coverage and they would have easily repaired major holes in the game and everyone would have been happy go lucky but they rebuilt the whole game and ended up with more flaws than they started with.
You lose all credibility with that one statement. You clearly don't have a clue as to what you are yapping about.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

That about sums it up.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

yayy first reply figures i get the 1 red light of death e74 exacly 1 week b4 madden im so pissed hopefully get to play madden inl ike 1-2 weeks im sry to hear bouts the bad game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That this person some how favors Madden 09 over Madden 10 (by calling it the worst Madden ever) makes me reject his entire post.
Agreed +1
Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxKiNG72695
yayy first reply figures i get the 1 red light of death e74 exacly 1 week b4 madden im so pissed hopefully get to play madden inl ike 1-2 weeks im sry to hear bouts the bad game
Can someone please translate this for me? Anyone?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

and this is why you don't drink and post.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »