Home

Madden on Newegg

This is a discussion on Madden on Newegg within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden on Newegg

every retailer gets copies early. gs and bb and walmart all have copies in their stores right now. they ship a little early so there isn't an issue with delays preventing the game from coming out when it is supposed to.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wohlm
Theres a gamestop 2 mins from where I live. I can save 20 something bucks by waiting a few days. 60 bucks > 80 bucks.
i just paid 54.99 and I will have it tomorrow from newegg.

Plus I have the 360 version to keep me company already.

I want PS3 for online franchise.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #19
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Right, and that's largely common knowledge. It's about whether or not they sell it when they're supposed to.

My previous post was predicated on the idea that EA wouldn't want the street date broken. They can just as easy refuse to sell copies to those who do so, and I have personally spoken to a Game Force owner who was dealt with in such a way for doing so.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #20
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
every retailer gets copies early. gs and bb and walmart all have copies in their stores right now. they ship a little early so there isn't an issue with delays preventing the game from coming out when it is supposed to.
Exactly, you guys don't think that this game is shipped to the stores the day of release? Usually most stores get the games a week in advance, especially on big games like Madden.

Games ship that early to retailers so that all stores should have enough copies (based on sales figures and demographics from prior releases in years past) to fulfill the customer orders on release day/week.

That is why Gamestop wants your pre-order so badly. If a store like that gets a ton of pre-orders then it is considered high volume and gets more product in the future, thus increasing sales numbers, salaries, etc. as you go down the line.

As for bronco's question specifically, you can pre-order with overnight shipping from any number of sites, including Gamestop, it doesn't mean you are getting the game before release day or the street date. As for NewEgg in particular, if they are not bound by a street date then they can do whatever they want as soon as the product reaches their stores or warehouses. It is fair and legal game to sell the product when they receive it if they are not tied into any agreements or street dates like a smaller store isn't either.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

THere is another thread already discussing Newegg and GoGamer, it is Madden 2010 in stock.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »