Home

madden midnight release party

This is a discussion on madden midnight release party within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: madden midnight release party

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
I went to the midnight release of Gears 2 and that cured me of not going again. There were some really strange people in line. I mean the freaks came out. LOL may be different for the Madden demographic but I doubt it.

The only benefit of getting it at midnight for Gears was they gave out activation codes on a card that you could enter to get a gold gun. I don't think madden is giving away anything for the people that get it at midnight but I may be wrong.
I went to a Midnight Launch three straight years (for '05, '06 and '07) and had a pretty good time. The crowd wasn't geeky or werid. There were a lot of hardcore football fans wearing team hats and jerseys, talking about the game and the upcoming NFL season. Everyone was friendly. It was a fun experience.

I just don't bother going to midnight launches anymore because I have to get up for work the next day and I need some sleep (anything less than 5 hours and I'm useless the next day) to function. By the time I get home with the game, it's 12:30-12:45 already and I have to be up by 7 AM. I don't have time to play more than a game or two anyway, so picking it up the next day is fine. Besides, I took all of next week off so I'll be able to play it then.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204

Last edited by matt8204; 08-10-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #26
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

I live in Fresno and I been to every midnight release party since 2000. I've met my fair share of people, dorks, straight up nerds, hardcore Madden heads who only have a system for Madden, and even FSU football players.

It's fun. It's like once a year, like X mas. You meet some weird people, people you can talk about Madden with, etc. It's just all about your comfort zone. I'm getting old but it's still fun to me. I notice every year, older people show up in line lol!

this year at gamestop, they're having a Madden tourney at 10:30 and there will be pizza and soda there as well so it' will be fun.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
I live in Fresno and I been to every midnight release party since 2000. I've met my fair share of people, dorks, straight up nerds, hardcore Madden heads who only have a system for Madden, and even FSU football players.

It's fun. It's like once a year, like X mas. You meet some weird people, people you can talk about Madden with, etc. It's just all about your comfort zone. I'm getting old but it's still fun to me. I notice every year, older people show up in line lol!

this year at gamestop, they're having a Madden tourney at 10:30 and there will be pizza and soda there as well so it' will be fun.
I know a few people like that. They'll buy Madden and MAYBE one or two other games every year or so. They might buy the latest GTA or one other sports game if they're also into basketball, hockey or baseball, etc. There's one kid I know who always wears a team t-shirt or jersey with a hat and when he goes to Gamestop every year to trade in the old Madden and buy the new one, they know exactly why he's there. He walks up to the counter and the worker is like, "The new Madden, right?" I guess they can smell a sports gamer a mile away.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 08-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #28
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
I know a few people like that. They'll buy Madden and MAYBE one or two other games every year or so. They might buy the latest GTA or one other sports game if they're also into basketball, hockey or baseball, etc. There's one kid I know who always wears a team t-shirt or jersey with a hat and when he goes to Gamestop every year to trade in the old Madden and buy the new one, they know exactly why he's there. He walks up to the counter and the worker is like, "The new Madden, right?" I guess they can smell a sports gamer a mile away.
lol that would actually fit in the dork category. I see like 5 or more of those type of guys each year, wearing their favorite team jerseys, hats, pajamas, or whatever. That's fine though. I like how people show the spirit of football. You know when people are doing that, football season is coming yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #29
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

NOBODY gets to say anything about anyone being weird, a nerd, or whatever once that person has gone to a midnight launch and talks on a Madden forum all day. Combine those two, and you've stepped over the threshold.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #30
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
NOBODY gets to say anything about anyone being weird, a nerd, or whatever once that person has gone to a midnight launch and talks on a Madden forum all day. Combine those two, and you've stepped over the threshold.
This much is true. I think we're all dorks and nerds in ways in which we don't want/like to admit. That I agree with you. But there are extreme dorks and nerds out there that go to the extent, vocals and all.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
I think we're all dorks in our own way. We all have that love or obsession that only we get.

PSN ID- matt8204
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Oh no my friend, we are normal 100% compared to some of the freaks you will meet at a midnight launch. I'd say if you're feeling too nerdy go to a midnight launch and you'll feel like freakin' Tom Selleck when you leave. Yes, they are just that geeky.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »