Home

End of quarter offensive penalty bug

This is a discussion on End of quarter offensive penalty bug within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #17

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: End of quarter offensive penalty bug

haha....Ok man. Believe what you want. In my 25+ years of watching football, this has always been the rule at the NFL level. The info YOU posted clearly states it.

EDIT: No this dude did not just post a randon Q&A from some random NCAA site to prove he is correct about an NFL rule. wow
Old 08-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25

offensive penalty as time expires is a 10 second run-off. So the play never happened. If it happened as you stated, that is the NFL rule not a glitch.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #19

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I dont know how much clear this could be. Straight from nfl.com and virtually exactly what YOU posted:

Quote:
Foul on Last Play of Half or Game
On a foul by defense on last play of half or game, the down is replayed if penalty is accepted.
On a foul by the offense on last play of half or game, the down is not replayed and the play in which the foul is committed is nullified.
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/foulonlastplay
Old 08-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

People always trying to find something.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

This is irrelevant. The half would be over, you would not get your 3 points in the NFL which seems like the result you've just encountered.

And once again this has been posted at least 3 times, but perhaps it needs to be in bold:

On a foul by the offense on last play of half or game, the down is not replayed and the play in which the foul is committed is nullified.

That's as clear as glass, not sure how that statement could confuse anyone.

Really the only BUG is that the CPU was asked to accept or decline... I don't believe that choice would be given in the real NFL, since the half would be over, no questions asked.

Last edited by CapnKill; 08-10-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #22
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
This is irrelevant. The half would be over, you would not get your 3 points in the NFL which seems like the result you've just encountered.

And once again this has been posted at least 3 times, but perhaps it needs to be in bold:

Really the only BUG is that the CPU was asked to accept or decline... I don't believe that choice would be given in the real NFL, since the half would be over, no questions asked.
That's fine with me. I guess the NFL has different rules from other levels. It just seemed very odd at the time. It was an online game and my opponent had the option to accept or decline and the text describing the outcome wasn't clear.
Fantasy football fans... Dominate your Draft with the #1 selling fantasy football app, Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet 2017 for iOS & Android.

Get it for iPhone / iPad!

Get it for Android!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill

LOL....i hope he finally "Gets It".
Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #24
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
LOL....i hope he finally "Gets It".
I get it but I disagree.. lol
Fantasy football fans... Dominate your Draft with the #1 selling fantasy football app, Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet 2017 for iOS & Android.

Get it for iPhone / iPad!

Get it for Android!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »