Home

Waiting on a patch - here's why

This is a discussion on Waiting on a patch - here's why within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #9
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Waiting on a patch - here's why

You're more patient than most.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ha. I totally get where you guys are coming from, but it's also an issue of "once bitten, twice shy." Going by the last couple years, Madden is going to have some issues on the release date that'll need to get patched.

I didn't even buy 09 last year I was so freakin' pissed at 08. I'm not DYING for Madden like I have been in the past, because, to be honest, they're seriously ticked me off. It's gonna take more than a few days of initial reactions to get my dollar.

And seriously, the "wide open HB" issue that Abner mentions in his review kinda makes me skeptical. It's hard to decide "is this abusing the AI?" when I'm in the pocket with the blitz bearing down.

And the holding on FGs issue also has me concerned.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Ha. I totally get where you guys are coming from, but it's also an issue of "once bitten, twice shy." Going by the last couple years, Madden is going to have some issues on the release date that'll need to get patched.

I didn't even buy 09 last year I was so freakin' pissed at 08. I'm not DYING for Madden like I have been in the past, because, to be honest, they're seriously ticked me off. It's gonna take more than a few days of initial reactions to get my dollar.

And seriously, the "wide open HB" issue that Abner mentions in his review kinda makes me skeptical. It's hard to decide "is this abusing the AI?" when I'm in the pocket with the blitz bearing down.

And the holding on FGs issue also has me concerned.
Just be prepared to wait 4 to 6 weeks or more for patch number 2. Patch number one will be released close to the 14th.

If you can wait it out, all the power to you.

Also, Bill said it's the HB in the flat isn't a dealbreaker for him. You have two choices

1) Keep the HB in to block
or
2) Abuse away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

There is nothing really in the game thats real messed up(so far) that should keep you from getting the game. There are some issues that need fixing, but for the most part the game is alright.

Dont get to afraid of the need fixing issues, and dont get too caught up in the its the greatest game posts either. Its clearly the best madden they have produced for next gen, but theres nothing ground breaking in the game. Its a fun game and you will more than likely like it despite the current flaws.

If they can remedy the oline pass blocking and tweak the press coverage a bit and some of the warping and passes that go through WR's for int's, the game will be a year round game for me for the first time in a long time.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

^There's apparently a problem where the receivers on the left side of the ball always have an easier release from bump-and-run coverage than receivers on the right side, regardless of how great the defenders on the left are and how bad the receivers are.

It's going to be fixed with an early patch.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Why are you telling us?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 37

Good call. A lot of people have short memories and EA/Tiburon's NCAA/Madden track record as of late has been very poor regarding fundamental gameplay flaws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 10

The game is pretty great out the box, I don't really notice pass rush, and that's what must people argue about,

The only thing I can argue about is maybe too many crossing routes getting too wide open

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »