Home

The Good, the Bad, and the Forgotten: Madden Features Through the Years

This is a discussion on The Good, the Bad, and the Forgotten: Madden Features Through the Years within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #9
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Forgotten: Madden Features Through the Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
your idea about the vision cone was in the game. if you held either L2 or R2(cant remember which) and tapped the wrs button the cone would quickly switch to the wr. that way you didnt have to use the right thumbstick. i would have broken the game and console if i had to use the thumbstick for the vision cone.
I realized that my bad
Old 08-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think your idea of double pressing the reciever button is actually pretty good, and it would actually make the awareness rating have a whole new value. One you get used to doing it really fast under pressure i think that would be really comfortable.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
Banned

The Profici3nt's Arena

Long thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Great write up man! I actually enjoyed reading it. I personally love the IQ feature, it gave me a challange, i actually went 9-7 one year in Franchise, before that i dont think i did anything worse than 14-2.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
You realize your remedy for the QB vision cone was already in the game right? You could hold the R Trigger or R2, depending on the system, and by pressing X twice the cone would lock onto the X receiver and then on the second press it would throw the ball. It seems that the only people who didn't like the feature are the people who didn't fully understand how the mechanic worked. Nobody I played Madden with at my college liked it either until I taught all my buddies how to properly use it. Once they learned the intracicies of it and how it actually improved the passing game they all loved it.

I would like for it to be brought back but have the option of getting rid of the headlight. Much like in Baseball games we have the option of hiding our batting cursor or the strike zone.
I was such a fan of the QB cone, it added so much realism to the game, and while playing against someone locally, it was the BEST feature going...Being able to look off your friend who is playing defense and to "bait" them into covering the decoy receiver was just priceless..

I think madden really should have just taken 05 from the xbox, and utilized the 360s graphics and just updated the graphics...kept everything else the same, and it would have been a better way to go than all the gimics since then... I haven't completed a season since then and my brother and I would do co-op 3-5 seasons deep with various teams...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #14
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
I still don't know why they killed off mini-camp.
IMO mini-camp > mini-games
I loved the mini camp drills. The pocket presence one, with the gravity defying tennis balls, was my favorite.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #15
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

cone was the best thing ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #16
Rookie

Icon9 Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Forgotten: Madden Features Through the Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner
I was such a fan of the QB cone, it added so much realism to the game, and while playing against someone locally, it was the BEST feature going...Being able to look off your friend who is playing defense and to "bait" them into covering the decoy receiver was just priceless..

I think madden really should have just taken 05 from the xbox, and utilized the 360s graphics and just updated the graphics...kept everything else the same, and it would have been a better way to go than all the gimics since then... I haven't completed a season since then and my brother and I would do co-op 3-5 seasons deep with various teams...
I loved the QB Vision as well, I thought it made the game so much more realistic. Being a Lions fan, you could clearly see the difference between Joey Harrington and Peyton Manning. Alot of people are talking about the right analog to move the cone. But I remember pressing R2 and the corresponding Receiver to move the cone, similar to threadstarter's suggestion.

Bring Back Optional QB Vision!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »