Home

Facing the Wildcat online could be the worst thing I've ever seen in Madden!

This is a discussion on Facing the Wildcat online could be the worst thing I've ever seen in Madden! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Facing the Wildcat online could be the worst thing I've ever seen in Madden!

Don't know wether it's a case of cheese, or a case of a bad Madden player complaining, because I've never heard of this problem from ANY of the Impressions...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Facing the Wildcat online could be the worst thing I've ever seen in Madden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBronie247
When someone uses the "Wildcat" BLITZ! an creep your safety up! 8 guyz in the box bro!
You dont think I tried that with the 4-6 and goaline?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
Pro

LoWw's Arena

OVR: 9

So basically u couldn't stop the run? What team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
MVP

sooner1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
Don't know wether it's a case of cheese, or a case of a bad Madden player complaining, because I've never heard of this problem from ANY of the Impressions...
I'm pretty good bro trust me. I'm not talking about playing the computer. I only play online. I'm always well above average. The problem is players getting sucked into the line and De not doing their containment even when you hot route them. Its kind of like the direct snap but way worse.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #13
MVP

sooner1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoWw
So basically u couldn't stop the run? What team?
I've played 2 guys online that ran nothing but this and its straight trash. I faced SD and Miami. I've used everything sometimes you will blow it up but when it breaks its going 20 yds plus. I've crashed to the side I know they are going I've shifted used contains trust me its way overpowerd adaptive AI my ***.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #14
Pro

IDK, on PS3 it works for like a couple plays, then stops, I used it like 5 times one game with Buffalo, I got a TD 12 yrd run on my first try, after that either a 1 or 2 yrd gain
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 16

The Wildcat is stoppable with smarts and skills. Setting up a Defensive Audible for your "Wildcat Stopper" is probably a good idea to deter the cheese.

My strategy when I see the Wildcat is to Blitz the hell out of my opponent. I use defensive packages with CB and LB blitzes and keep the Safeties for support. I've stopped guys cold, held them to 2 yards --- and been burned for 60+ yards and a TD.

It takes a little while to get the hang finding what works against it - but it's definitely NOT autocheese. My opponent tried it on me like a new toy...after shutting it down a few times, I got my opponent to go back to football fundamentals.

Play Strategic Defense. Bend, don't break. You'll get him.

-SeventhWard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #16
MVP

sooner1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhWard
The Wildcat is stoppable with smarts and skills. Setting up a Defensive Audible for your "Wildcat Stopper" is probably a good idea to deter the cheese.

My strategy when I see the Wildcat is to Blitz the hell out of my opponent. I use defensive packages with CB and LB blitzes and keep the Safeties for support. I've stopped guys cold, held them to 2 yards --- and been burned for 60+ yards and a TD.

It takes a little while to get the hang finding what works against it - but it's definitely NOT autocheese. My opponent tried it on me like a new toy...after shutting it down a few times, I got my opponent to go back to football fundamentals.

Play Strategic Defense. Bend, don't break. You'll get him.

-SeventhWard
Thats what I'm talking about you can blow it 2 times in a row and then bam they can break it. No way I should give up 3rd and 14 after blowing it up twice in the backfield using the same play. Both corners blitzing with 9 in the box. Its mario cart.

Plus Ive played other guys and shut it down but they did not run it the whole game.

Last edited by sooner1; 08-10-2009 at 11:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »