Home

I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every play

This is a discussion on I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I have the right to think what I want about this. Football is not a 100 MPH game until the ball is snapped. In between plays, it's a methodical chess match, not a "Who can snap the ball the fastest?" race.
Ok, I'll bite... Why would you use the accelerated clock then?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every pl

wait i told you if accelerated clock is off they want quicksnap.... You want real don't use it because believe it or not accelerated clock is FOR MAKING THE GAME GO BY FASTER.....

Last edited by granddogg; 08-11-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Nobody said that anything even remotely like that is the issue.

The issue is REALISM. As much as people bitch and moan on here about "sim," it annoys me that no one else seems to care about this.

I don't quite understand what your problem is then.

If the issue is the computer not running down the playclock, play with an accelerated clock. If it's not that and you aren't pressed for time making adjustments on defense, I don't quite understand what your gripe is.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukes
I don't quite understand what your problem is then.

If the issue is the computer not running down the playclock, play with an accelerated clock. If it's not that and you aren't pressed for time making adjustments on defense, I don't quite understand what your gripe is.
How much clearer can I possibly make it? Seriously...

THE ISSUE IS REALISM. NO NFL QUARTERBACK SNAPS THE BALL THIS FAST IN REAL LIFE UNDER NORMAL, NON-HURRY-UP CIRCUMSTANCES.

Is that understandable enough?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #21
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Well they fixed it in a patch last year, so we'll see if they can again this year. If it's actually a problem, of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Well they fixed it in a patch last year, so we'll see if they can again this year. If it's actually a problem, of course.
If Madden 10 is a simulation game, it's an issue.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
How much clearer can I possibly make it? Seriously...

THE ISSUE IS REALISM. NO NFL QUARTERBACK SNAPS THE BALL THIS FAST IN REAL LIFE UNDER NORMAL, NON-HURRY-UP CIRCUMSTANCES.

Is that understandable enough?

Cmon dude, I don't know what you are expecting. Are you able to tweak your defense before the play? Yes, you are. So there is no issue. You stated yourself that you have no issues with altering your defense prior to the play. Hell, I was playing the Raiders last night and I got caught offsides 3 or 4 times because Russell was using a hardcount -- the only place I have seen the quick snapping is on FGs.

Do you want every game to take 3 hours just like real life? There's a difference between pointing out an issue, and nitpicking for the sake of complaining.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 10

wow dude you need to relax. what do you need to do before the snap? read the play? I've been playing Madden since '92 its a game, just man up and be ready when you call your play!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »