Home

I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every play

This is a discussion on I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #41
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every pl

What fevered dream is this that bids to tear this game in twain? Oh cruel fate, why doth thou tempt us so? For whom does the bell toll? It tolls for Madden!

Seriously, the veracity with which some people on this board fight some issues is great. I wish they would do so in real life for things that really mattered.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLukeisamazing
What fevered dream is this that bids to tear this game in twain? Oh cruel fate, why doth thou tempt us so? For whom does the bell toll? It tolls for Madden!

Seriously, the veracity with which some people on this board fight some issues is great. I wish they would do so in real life for things that really mattered.
I don't do it in real life for the same reason I shouldn't on here... nobody would listen.

You people call yourselves "sim," but I'd say "selectively sim" is better terminology.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #43
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I don't do it in real life for the same reason I shouldn't on here... nobody would listen.

You people call yourselves "sim," but I'd say "selectively sim" is better terminology.
I think you're picking one thing that annoys you and making a mountain out of the proverbial mole hill. If you wanted "sim" then you would want to play a game that last upwards of 3 hours and had all the little bells and whistles of every NFL game (according to your previous posts on the issue).
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 08-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLukeisamazing
I think you're picking one thing that annoys you and making a mountain out of the proverbial mole hill. If you wanted "sim" then you would want to play a game that last upwards of 3 hours and had all the little bells and whistles of every NFL game (according to your previous posts on the issue).
I already explained why accelerated clock is necessary, so every game wouldn't last three hours.

But uh... yeah? Isn't that the idea of a "simulation" game? To replicate the REAL game as closely as possible?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #45
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

I'm not arguing with you or anything, and I understand your point, but it's just funny to me that people get SO worked up about these things on a video game (not that I don't take it seriously), just saying.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #46
Banned

It bothers me for two reasons. One, I went through this same BS last year with Madden 09, and two, that no one else seems to care, but everyone on here screams "I'm sim, I'm sim" and what have you every chance they get.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #47
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey Ray,
I feel your pain and agree with you. I have not tried playing without accelerated clock to verify that it fixes this, but in my opinion there does need to be more time to make adjustments. The QB is snapping the ball too quick in the first 3 games that I have played retail. As a result of this I find it hard to make even minor adjustments pre-snap. I sometimes do not have time to even change to the proper position on defense and it does feel like last year, pre-patch. After the patch the CPU QB took forever to snap it, but that was better than too quick.

Along these same lines, I was winning against KC as the Browns last night 14-0 and KC had the ball with 1:00 minute in the half. I was playing on the slow setting, and the CPU was out of timeouts and was trying to drive for a score. The no huddle for the CPU is ridiculously fast.....so fast as to be almost stupid looking. The CPU was throwing completed passes down the field and getting back to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball for another play in well under 8 seconds per play. He must have run 8-9 completed passes in the last 45 seconds without using a timeout, going out of bounds or throwing an incompletion. I could not adjust my defense or anything here. This may or may not be related to accelerated clock....but it is pretty frustrating as I seem to recall my team moves much slower when running the hurry up offense. Can we all agree that running 8-9 plays in 45 seconds is too much....with no timeouts or incompletions or out of bounds plays?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 31

Damn Ray I was wondering the same thing with the demo. There is no way to adjust linebackers, show blitz or press man etc.....

There are so many things that EA football games are close to having right but they end up screwing the pooch in the end. We finally get accelerated clock in next gen and they don't understand why we wanted it.

It is like they don't understand the whole concept of what they are doing sometimes. QB's always read the defense, the center and QB point out who is who to give reference for blocking schemes, then they may send a guy in motion then they snap the ball.

All the responses to Ray were horrid. Is this OS? Or just release week OS....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »