Home

Haynesworth feasting on my cap room - Need advice

This is a discussion on Haynesworth feasting on my cap room - Need advice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Haynesworth feasting on my cap room - Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Something else I find that is just awesome is in the games I have played, teams like the Giants have always double-teamed Haynesworth and sometimes will triple team him so it was hard for him to get any sacks.

Alot of times I don't control Haynesworth on purpose to see how he does and sometimes he even gets pressure on the QB's while double teamed. It's incredible.
This conflicts heavily with others saying that NTs still don't get double teamed...

Couple of questions

1. Are you running 3-4?
2. Is he actually getting double teamed? or just double blocked? The difference is that a double team is simultaneously, if hes getting blocked by two seperate blockers at different times, that's not a double team.
3. Could you possibly make a video showing the double team if it is indeed an actual double team?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
This conflicts heavily with others saying that NTs still don't get double teamed...

Couple of questions

1. Are you running 3-4?
2. Is he actually getting double teamed? or just double blocked? The difference is that a double team is simultaneously, if hes getting blocked by two seperate blockers at different times, that's not a double team.
3. Could you possibly make a video showing the double team if it is indeed an actual double team?
I've ran both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses but unfortunately because I play on the 360, they cut out the replays in the beginning of a play so I can't show you.

And I'm telling you that Haynesworth in either of those defenses would have 2 blockers on him. Sometimes he'd be able to atleast get pressure on the QB to make a bad throw. It wasn't two separate blocks. Granted it doesn't happen every play, and it didn't happen when I played against the Lions but against the Giants it was all the time bro.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
double post-
This guys sig. is hilarious!

"If you read this i am sorry to say that you just wasted 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.

*Actual time may vary"

ahhhh......funny stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #36
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I started my Redskins franchise just like you, and Im going to keep Haynesworth. I may keep JC, depending on what type of season he has. His throwing motion is a little slow for me, but I can work with it. Also, remember, just because you take a QB in the first round doesn't mean he will be a franchise QB. This year in Madden, there are first round bust, so beware. My plan is to wait til after the season, then deal with those issues. My main focus is the Offensive Line. As of right now, playing with JC, I see I can win with him. I don't need him to throw for a lot of yards per game, because my offense bases itself around CP, as he goes, so does the offense.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I've ran both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses but unfortunately because I play on the 360, they cut out the replays in the beginning of a play so I can't show you.

And I'm telling you that Haynesworth in either of those defenses would have 2 blockers on him. Sometimes he'd be able to atleast get pressure on the QB to make a bad throw. It wasn't two separate blocks. Granted it doesn't happen every play, and it didn't happen when I played against the Lions but against the Giants it was all the time bro.
OY, this is so damn confusing lol.

Everybody keeps sayin something different! >_<
Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I started my Redskins franchise just like you, and Im going to keep Haynesworth. I may keep JC, depending on what type of season he has. His throwing motion is a little slow for me, but I can work with it. Also, remember, just because you take a QB in the first round doesn't mean he will be a franchise QB. This year in Madden, there are first round bust, so beware. My plan is to wait til after the season, then deal with those issues. My main focus is the Offensive Line. As of right now, playing with JC, I see I can win with him. I don't need him to throw for a lot of yards per game, because my offense bases itself around CP, as he goes, so does the offense.
Yes I know about busts and gems. I played Head Coach 09 furiously since it was released. Scouting is extremely important.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
OY, this is so damn confusing lol.

Everybody keeps sayin something different! >_<
Hopefully EA will patch the 360 version so they include an ENTIRE replay. That way I could save one and upload it to show ya.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 55

I hope you are correct. I've specifically looked for double team blocking in M10's demo and have NOT seen it at all anywhere. This would be a GREAT addition to the game. They'd need their blitz pickup logit put into there too if that is the case.

*crosses fingers*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »