Home

Old 08-15-2009, 03:29 AM   #17
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Robo QB?

Its seems as if the linebackers in yellow zones over the middle, play way too deep. They let drags just stroll over the middle for 6 or 7 yards every play.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhead262
Not trying to be a jerk, but I stop watching the Video when you complained that an offense of lineman stopped your blitz (if this is your video).

Being that I played football for years, and couldn't continue cause of neck injury, and I played line for a bit, I can tell you yes, that does happen. And it happens in the NFL too. I have seen Nick Cole and Jamal Jackson do this.

But Zone works most of the time, not all of the time.

I am covince who ever made this video, has not watch enough football, or never played the game. Because TE kill zones, like he did here.

This is what tight ends do, they find a hole in the zone, and Witten is the best at it.

The line play does cause irregularities. I'm not saying linemen don't pick up blitzes, but how often do you see a center turn around, sprint and pick up a safety off the edge? Not very often. I've had that happen to me on more than one occasion. The worst part about it for me, is the lack of procedural awareness. The lineman never even glances in the direction of the safety yet he somehow still has the intuition to make a 180 degree turn sprint 5-7 yards to take out my blitzer.

And TE's do eat up the middle in zone coverages, however I think the video maker was displaying the very poor physics and AI. There was no reason for Rolle to take such a horrible angle and swoop all the way around to the TE's back to push him into the endzone, as opposed to at least attempt and stand him up front the front. Wilson's "ricochet" was pretty ugly as well, looked like the TE (Spaeth?) had a force field that just deflected him off.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:05 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

Not at all. If anything I'm the robo qb.

CPU passing is decent , but nothing extraordinary.

Step up your stick skills. And call the right plays.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #20
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Yup robo WR confirmed.

Doing the Eagles/Cowboys Madden Moment Roy Williams gets a screen and BREAKS 7 TACKLES OVER 84 YARDS TO SCORE making me do this again. This was after I scored to take the lead,then Romo goes 6/6 to score a TD then I hit a bomb to Jackson to take the lead again. Think it's safe with 16 seconds left but no. That was the most rediculous thing I've ever seen in a sports videogame.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:11 AM   #21
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I have noticed when I play one type of defense a lot during the game(blitzing a lot, man, and zone) the QB will turn into robo QB. As it stands, I have found that doing man blitz a couple of plays and then switching to a cover 2/3 will throw off the QB and will help lead to INTs and incompletions. If you blitz every down the QB will begin to throw to where the blitz was for an easy completion. If you run zone every down he will start nailing every open spot unless pressured. If you run man, he will dump it off to the RB. By switching plays and coverages, it seems to stop any of these trends from developing as much.

One very frustrating aspect I have run into is playing on the Dline. Countless times the QB as he is being hit will throw the ball off just in time to avoid a sack. I have had games where the QB would have been sacked 4+ times instead of the 1 time I got to him by cheesing(pressing the X button to dive tackle.) If I get a speed rush on a QB and I am at him after 1.5 seconds from the snap he will be sacked IRL but he normally gets the ball off for the lame duck pass or completes it to the RB.
This happens a lot and it kills me when it's on 3rd and long. I have him dead to rights and he pulls of a miracle throw for a 20+ yard completion,ugh.

I also hate how I'll be killing the cpu quarterback all game long and then the 4th quarter rolls around he goes crazy on me. Throwing bombs and bullets like a mad man and cannot, repeat cannot be stopped.

How come I'm able to hold the cpu in check all game long and then once the 4th quarter comes along he can't be stopped?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 04:49 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
This happens a lot and it kills me when it's on 3rd and long. I have him dead to rights and he pulls of a miracle throw for a 20+ yard completion,ugh.

I also hate how I'll be killing the cpu quarterback all game long and then the 4th quarter rolls around he goes crazy on me. Throwing bombs and bullets like a mad man and cannot, repeat cannot be stopped.

How come I'm able to hold the cpu in check all game long and then once the 4th quarter comes along he can't be stopped?
If I had to guess, you're calling the same plays that were working earlier, and now they're being exploited.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #23
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I play a mixture of zone and man to man and have had success either way. I played about 8 games tonight and not in any did the opposing QB throw over 65%... and I got shillacked 38-24 in one those games and the rest were close ones either way...

Try out some different slider settings because my ones that I use have destroyed any chance of me seeing Robo-QB.

BTW, There is no ROBO-QB in Madden, in my opinion. Robo-QB is when the QB magically throws to the wide open receiver no matter the situation or the direction he's facing or even if he's being sacked.

From all my games so far, the QB has been successful because of my mistakes, not because he's programmed to find every open receiver in every situation or to lead scoring drives before the half in EVERY game....

Right now The CPU QB play has been all I could've asked for and there is no COMEBACK AI (thank god).

I never thought I'd say this but I will be selling NCAA on ebay ASAP.

The only thing I will say is this, you NEED sliders to make Madden 10 the best. I think without slider settings you WILL have suspect QB play from the computer... period.

Last edited by EvanRG; 08-15-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #24
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

It's not "robo" unless it happens a lot. Things happen in games, teams come back, players make extraordinary plays in the clutch. I am not saying it is not in the game because i have not played enough yet to make that statement, but from a lot of the posts I am reading, people are basing this on a couple of performances.

I am going to be looking for it today as I play and see what I find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »