Home

WOW!!! Teams Moved!!!

This is a discussion on WOW!!! Teams Moved!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #17
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: WOW!!! Teams Moved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
I think the Rams and Lions are the only two teams I could see actually happening. Hopefully, this doesn't happen in Madden10 that often, IMO that many teams moving would ruin it.
The Lions are going nowhere with Ford Field. They may suck, but they're not financially destitute. They're owned by Ford, Henry Ford's grandson! They're one of the last teams I'd ever expect to move.

Just because teams suck, doesn't mean they're going to move.

Teams in at least some actual danger of moving:

1. Jacksonville - horrible market.
2. St. Louis - If they go up for sale and Debartolo gets em, he wants to move em back to LA.
3. New Orleans - Chances drop every year they stay there.
4. Buffalo - The games in Toronto are for a reason.
5. 49ers - Total longshot, depends on the stadium, but most likely not.

And of course, Al Davis may decide to move the Raiders back to LA for the hell of it.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by realultimatepower
The Lions are going nowhere with Ford Field. They may suck, but they're not financially destitute. They're owned by Ford, Henry Ford's grandson! They're one of the last teams I'd ever expect to move.

2. St. Louis - If they go up for sale and Debartolo gets em, he wants to move em back to LA.

And of course, Al Davis may decide to move the Raiders back to LA for the hell of it.
You're right about the Lions being safe in Detroit, but you forgot Minnesota. They can't get a new stadium, and unless they do, they may end up moving, probably to L.A. This has been rumored for sometime. St. Louis and Jacksonville are probably the most likely teams to move, with Minnesota coming in at #3.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by realultimatepower

Jacksonville is not first on that list. Yes, they have a terrible time selling tickets, and the economy isn't helping matters either. The thing with JAX is the stadium sponsor and they've already declined two offers because they want something better. Jacksonville has only been in the league for 15 years and like any great fanbase, it takes tim to built one. And before the tarps are mention the stadium holds 76,000 and that is way too big for JAX and Heinz Field doesn't even hold that.

New Orleans isn't moving due to the fact they just got an extension on their stadium lease past 2025. If any teams are in serious danger, I would go Raiders, Rams and Chargers due to the fact they can't get new staidums approved. Jacksonville could easily be a possibly but I just don't see it happening.

People put JAX first on the list because they see the tarps on TV and go automatically on what the internet/tv says.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacfenian
You're right about the Lions being safe in Detroit, but you forgot Minnesota. They can't get a new stadium, and unless they do, they may end up moving, probably to L.A. This has been rumored for sometime. St. Louis and Jacksonville are probably the most likely teams to move, with Minnesota coming in at #3.
True, forgot about them. The Vikings may actually be the most likely. They are dead last in the NFL in revenue.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST X FURIOUS
Jacksonville is not first on that list. Yes, they have a terrible time selling tickets, and the economy isn't helping matters either. The thing with JAX is the stadium sponsor and they've already declined two offers because they want something better. Jacksonville has only been in the league for 15 years and like any great fanbase, it takes tim to built one. And before the tarps are mention the stadium holds 76,000 and that is way too big for JAX and Heinz Field doesn't even hold that.
I didnt mean it to be a ranking in terms of most likely, its just an arbitrary numbered list. Jacksonville is always one of the teams mentioned when it comes to this subject, especially in the last 2-3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon10 Re: WOW!!! Teams Moved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
Seahawks moved? Hmm ok. See ya newly built Qwest field.
They moved to OKC
Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
Rookie

at any rate, I hope this crap can be turned off
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 37

Not that I expect them to move but I know the Al Davis was pretty choked awhile back with the less then expected profits he was "guaranteed" when he moved from LA back to Oakland... so I guess that's is always a possibility...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »