Home

!!!!!!!!!!TURNOVERS!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on !!!!!!!!!!TURNOVERS!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are There Too Many Turnovers?
Yes ( Phillip Buchanon had two pick 6's and two fumble recoveries in one freakin game.) 18 34.62%
No 34 65.38%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
!!!!!!!!!!TURNOVERS!!!!!!!

Why are there so many turnovers?

Things I can prevent I understand. I am getting tired of the CB glitch where you reciever clearly has position to make a play but then does nothing as the Cb magically catches it, That sucks( Not game kileer but frustrating.

FUMBLES..... How the hell do I prevent them. I know EA likes the fumble crap but what the hell. Too many fumbles and I'm using Portis mostly. He doesn't fumble often in real life but damn. I have had two fumbles on punts My fullback Mike Sellars fumble 1 out 10 carries.I know there is a protect the ball button. atleast I think it is still in but I have fumbled while holding that down. Is there any sliders for this? MOSt f

Any Help would be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: !!!!!!!!!!TURNOVERS!!!!!!!

Im not having a turnover problem really unless I cause it myself.

I'd say its pretty balanced.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 08-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Pro

I think most of my fumbles have come from situations where it looks like the guy isn't bringing me down so I push (R-stick) to make another move and then the ball just flops out of there.

Maybe it is a Redskin thing . We did fumble away the rams game last year. Pete Kendell is an idiot.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Im not having a turnover problem really unless I cause it myself.

I'd say its pretty balanced.
Ditto, don't blame the game for user error.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

I play the Skins too bro and I don't get many fumbles at all. My problem is interceptions, but I'm learning the way Campbell plays. It's almost like I have to throw the ball as soon as a receiver cuts to make his route, or I'll throw a pick.

Campbell throws slow which is pretty cool because of his accuracy/awareness ratings I presume. I threw 4 picks against the Bucs last game. LOL. Ronde Barber ate me alive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
T9R
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'd love to vote yes, but the game isn't forcing me to throw off the QB's back foot into double coverage. I do take some issue with how the DBs intercepting the ball never seem to have to gather themselves and instead hit their top speed almost instantly, leading to too many pick sixes. That sort of thing should only happen when they jump an out route.

I haven't had a problem with fumbles so far, and I've been mashing the truck stick with Marion Barber ever since I got the game.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

This is the first Madden game I can say there are not too many interceptions or fumbles.

Fumbles are a rarity in my game. I lead the league in interceptions, but they were pressure pics, which leads to my next point.

The only thing I hate about this game, and all madden games is that if there is pressure, it surely always leads to a pic.

I don't want to hear that pressure = pics because it doesn't. does it cause bad throws at time, yes. Here is my point though. I throw a crossing route to my TE, I get hit after the ball is release, and Hammond even mentions it, well the ball goes through my TE (litterally) and goes to the Safety for the pic. Also There are times I throw a perfect ball, and if Hammond says he gets hit after he throws, and the Corner, who was being beat leaps 4 feet in the air and catches the ball. One time it was one handed.

I think they have it programmed that if a QB gets hit after a throw it is a pic or something.

Also I am not talking about lame ducks, that is being it while throwing, and I have not thrown pic after that yet.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
Pro

I have yet to have a game where I don't turn the ball over. The rRdskins bend but always break offense consist of not turining the ball over.

I am getting used to using Campbell. I just hate the dumb fumbles and the CB glitch. Where the reciever doesn't try for the ball at all then it goes through him to the cb. That sucks.

PS: FootballForever. Do you know what being Humble means? You come across as an ***. Matter fact if you are playing PS3 I want to whoop you ### tonight. I was just starting this thread to see if anyone else was experiencing this. Saying I need to play better isn't what I was looking for. IF you have some advice that would be cool. Maybee you can explain to me how to not fumble as much. BEcuase I have no idea how to control something like that other than protect theball button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »