Home

It's Official: No More Draft History for Any Players!

This is a discussion on It's Official: No More Draft History for Any Players! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #65
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: It's Official: No More Draft History for Any Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Harris Experience
On the plus side, at least now you can change a guy's jersey number without losing all his draft info. With my own personal level of OCD that used to bug the hell out of me.

It's lame but I'll wait and see what the total package looks like before I start demanding alterations. Yes, it should be in there, and yes, anyone doing a chise should sensible want/expect it there, but at the end of the day it's not a crippling omission.
+1, seeing LBs with number 1 for example drove me crazy, if they have to omit the draft history so I can edit other teams rookies jersey number then so be it. Not the way I had hoped, but you can't have it all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
+1, seeing LBs with number 1 for example drove me crazy, if they have to omit the draft history so I can edit other teams rookies jersey number then so be it. Not the way I had hoped, but you can't have it all.
I am the EXACT opposite, I can care less about editing uniforms.

I WANT draft history!

I WANT to be able to ratings!

All the other crap is just for the flush like Queer Eye for the Straight guy. I don't care what another man wears!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #67
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyax
Hey Josh, how about a response?
Who's Josh?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #68
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh Looman was in charge of Franchise mode in Madden 10. He worked on NFL Head Coach 09. They brought him over to Madden 10 this year to improve franchise. Doesn't seem like it's improving with things being Forgotten to be put in the game that were already in last year. Pathetic!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 1

oh man, I'm so happy I didn't rush out at midnight to buy the game. I waited and wanted to read forums to get a feel for what everyone is saying. The same old $hiit different year with this POS company.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by earaylewis
we dont care

you want all the information about rookie go to nfl.com lolll and you have all u information

pretty cool

Really. They will have the draft information for the made up draft class on MY offline franchise.

Damn how does that work, must be some new wireless instant NFL to Madden connection. State of the art.

Will it cook me diner too?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is probably only a major issue to players who care about a 'sim' experience. Unfortunately, I fall into that category.

I was excited about Madden 10, but I'm close to returning my rental without a purchase as usual. Pro-tak and such looks great at times, but there are just too many nagging issues (including some that have been present for YEARS).

Sideline issue, bad blocking AI, terrible OL/DL system, odd pursuit angles, etc. all ruin the improvements to the on-field gameplay IMO. Off-field still has plenty of issues and this is one of them. Unlike NCAA there isn't that much to do in between games in Madden, and having what IS available not work correctly is a major annoyance. Madden has basically accomplished something it has tried to do in most of the recent years - reclaimed accliam due to gameplay. Problem is, the team continues to ignore/miss/create bugs and bad programming that takes away from other areas of the game or waters down the bonus of the improved gameplay.

Taking snaps and winning games isn't the fun thing for me when playing Madden or a sports game. I want the game to play like a real NFL game, which needs to include AI decisions on field and not just the animation system. On-field the game has many stupid issues but is still mostly fun and more tolerable than previous years.

Off-field issues like the OP are like more straws on the camel's back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

They need to fire some people over crap like this. They are raking in hundreds of millions of dollars from these games. The least they can do is save some of the money to hire competent people instead of spending it all on anal beads, hookers, and blow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »