Home

Game Trailers Review is OUT....8.1 for gameplay

This is a discussion on Game Trailers Review is OUT....8.1 for gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Game Trailers Review is OUT....8.1 for gameplay

Why did they say it was bad to take out weapon icons? you should already know who's a threat.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays20593
Did he really just say the weapons crap being taken out was bad?

epic fail.
+1
Old 08-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #75
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

They need to fix the Extra Point Halftime show and also in Franchise mode....it sounds too robotic and jilted. And they should offer us a DLC COmmentary pack...I would even pay for it at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 12

Man - those "QUICKIES" pop-up ads are so F#&%^@#(@ annoying...

~pardon my french

BTW - the WR running his route out of bounds at 6:23 on the counter in the video is pretty bad...
Old 08-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #77
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I would give the gameplay a 7.5. The physics on defense are what's severely holding this game back. Better than the 6 I gave it last year though.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #78
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Ok so this review was pretty bad imo,

"We've had lots of plays end before the runner is even brought to the ground."
--
LOL... I really laughed at that. Don't really need to say why since you guys here should know.

"CPU determines who wins fight for fumble."
--They didn't go into too much detail why they thought that this was the case. It makes me wonder if they know that the game gives the team who has the most players in the pile the advantage.

"The removal of weapons is disappointing (gameplay)."
--Really?? Icons on the screen is better than having reworked ratings to make players play more like themselves and to give teams different feelings? I really couldn't believe that.

"Pointless stats in weekly recap."
--Again, really? While some stats may not be as important as others, I highly doubt that the average person playing franchise mode would see them as being pointless. I really liked how they only showed the team W/L records as if that was the only thing they show in the recap show.

"If you are looking for a game determined by true skill... you are going to be dissapointed."
--A lot of "cheese" type stuff that you could do in Madden 09 you can't do in Madden 10. I guess they mean this in terms of A.I.? I've played the 5 min. qtr. demo a lot and in the demo, I never felt as if the CPU was cheating or that it was "rubberbanding". I guess they don't like the new adaptive A.I. and that they run the same plays over or something...

Anyways, I didn't like this review. It wasn't that accurate imo. I don't care about the score. If they gave the game an 8 and was accurate than I would like the review better than this one in which they gave the game an 8.8.

With these reviews, I'm really starting to see the difference between how casuals view the changes in the game and how people that are really into football view them (and who's who).
Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 9

I felt it was very accurate. It seems like the people that don't agree with it are hearing what they want to hear. Go read my last few posts and you will understand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »