Home

Game Trailers Review is OUT....8.1 for gameplay

This is a discussion on Game Trailers Review is OUT....8.1 for gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 22
Re: Game Trailers Review is OUT....8.1 for gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Do you guys ever agree with a review that isn't a 90% or higher?

It's as if you guys expect all the reviews to be A+ or the reviewer is instantly discredited... as if you look for stuff the reviewer missed or neglected.

I wonder if you look for the same mistakes in the reviews that score over 90%? I doubt it.
And no, I'm expecting madden 10 to receive a score between an 8.8 and a 9.2 this year. However HIS review was flawed imo. How do you give it an 8.1 for gameplay and a 9.0 for presentation?? If anything those scores should have been reversed. The gameplay is the best thing about madden this year imo. That's what makes a sports game good. The gameplay. But vvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
So... "it's more realistic but now I suck at it" gives it a lower score. Good to know.
This. ^^^ And the weapon icon being taken out? pfft to this guy seems annoyed that he can't really cheese anymore.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
This. ^^^ And the weapon icon being taken out? pfft to this guy seems annoyed that he can't really cheese anymore.
Sounds more like he was just missing the icons on the field, not the feature itself. He apparently liked being able to quickly look over the field and see who was fast, who had good hands, etc, without going into the depth chart screen.

Some of you guys need to rewatch it and think before you post...
Old 08-12-2009, 07:56 AM   #51
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

How is 8.8 a bad review? Especially since there is so much Madden hate out there?

Case and point the OP put the 8.1 score (gameplay) in the subject line as an attention grabber much like a tabloid would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
How is 8.8 a bad review? Especially since there is so much Madden hate out there?

Case and point the OP put the 8.1 score (gameplay) in the subject line as an attention grabber much like a tabloid would.
I put that because it was shocking to me that he rated the most important thing in the game an 8.1

so 8.8 he gave means nothing to me

to me his review of the only thing that matters to me is an 8.1 which is not something i agree with but that is his review

I am not seeking any headlines.....
Old 08-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #53
Tebow is Chuck Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I put that because it was shocking to me that he rated the most important thing in the game an 8.1

so 8.8 he gave means nothing to me

to me his review of the only thing that matters to me is an 8.1 which is not something i agree with but that is his review

I am not seeking any headlines.....
I understand what you are saying, however if you put a 9.5 for design or the 9.0 for presentation or even the 8.8 for the overall review it would have made more sense than picking the lowest number of all 4 for the subject line.

Looking at your gamertag I see you have some achievements already, what do you personally think of the 8.1 gameplay then? Agree or disagree and what would you give it out of #.#/10? then

And the presentation thing saying you don't care about it, just understand that it has been the #1 issue between NFL games in the last few years, EA looks to have improved that area tremendously, but I like so many others are getting the game on the 14th and will have to wait.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 08-12-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
I understand what you are saying, however if you put a 9.5 for design or the 9.0 for presentation or even the 8.8 for the overall review it would have made more sense than picking the lowest number of all 4 for the subject line.

Looking at your gamertag I see you have some achievements already, what do you personally think of the 8.1 gameplay then? Agree or disagree and what would you give it out of #.#/10? then

And the presentation thing saying you don't care about it, just understand that it has been the #1 issue between NFL games in the last few years, EA looks to have improved that area tremendously, but I like so many others are getting the game on the 14th and will have to wait.

well that is why i put gameplay...because as you can see that is what everybody cares for...i dont care if presentation gets 100 or franchise mode gets 100

if gameplay gets lower then i expect based on what i have seen and played then i will draw attention to that since it is what we all care about

but in regards to your inquiry

i think the gameplay is much better or should be rated much higher then what he said...

I like the review. and he is excellent in what he reviews and has always been good and smart with his madden reviews

he is the only reviewer that i have heard in the last 3 years say that madden has become a complex game that is tru to the nfl but has some issues that hold it back like presentation and what not

but he has stated that gameplay has been tight and complex which is for the hardcore

i think his 8.1 seems low to what he says about pro tak and things like that

i am having a lot of fun and the gameplay has been tuned nicely to make it even more realistic

i agree that cpu receivers still run out of bounds...that should not happen

cpu logic is still dumb at times...and anything below all madden level should be considered a joke

the cpu is dumb and ******** in allpro and lower levels
Old 08-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #55
Tebow is Chuck Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
well that is why i put gameplay...because as you can see that is what everybody cares for...i dont care if presentation gets 100 or franchise mode gets 100

if gameplay gets lower then i expect based on what i have seen and played then i will draw attention to that since it is what we all care about

but in regards to your inquiry

i think the gameplay is much better or should be rated much higher then what he said...

I like the review. and he is excellent in what he reviews and has always been good and smart with his madden reviews

he is the only reviewer that i have heard in the last 3 years say that madden has become a complex game that is tru to the nfl but has some issues that hold it back like presentation and what not

but he has stated that gameplay has been tight and complex which is for the hardcore

i think his 8.1 seems low to what he says about pro tak and things like that

i am having a lot of fun and the gameplay has been tuned nicely to make it even more realistic

i agree that cpu receivers still run out of bounds...that should not happen

cpu logic is still dumb at times...and anything below all madden level should be considered a joke

the cpu is dumb and ******** in allpro and lower levels
Yah much of what I figured and thx for the response, and sorry if I came off offensive to you, I wonder how much EA can actually hotfix or patch or if some of these thing like the WRs going out of bounds will have to be fixed in 11?

At any rate what I was saying with the presentation aspect is I think what the majority of ppl are looking forward to this year, especially from the 2k remnant as that was a major feature of that series and it seems EA is finally listening to the hardcore fans of both Madden and the 2k remnant etc.

Yah gameplay is very important I agree, but honestly the point I was trying to make is that 99% of people only care about the OVR when going to Gamerankings or w/e site you use etc. But to concede to your point, at least half the people here on OS consider themselves in that 1% minority and a "hardcore" fan.

So are you saying you would put the gameplay in the high 8s then? low medium or high 9s if you had to put a number to it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #56
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Is the online game speed between the 360 and PS3 really different? And is it meant to be like this? Any reasoning?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »