Home

I actually prefer pocket QB's over scrambling QB's

This is a discussion on I actually prefer pocket QB's over scrambling QB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
I actually prefer pocket QB's over scrambling QB's

I used to always prefer scramblers over pocket passers in every football game I ever played. It was easier to play with a fast QB because you always had that option to avoid the tackle and make plays with your feet when things got heavy.

But with the new Madden, I actually find myself enjoying the pocket passer more. I like how now there are actual pockets formed and you have ample time to read the defense and make the play with your arm.

I like how arm strength/accuracy actually mean something now. It also changed my approach when drafting offensive lineman. I'll now have to focus on their pass blocking stat more than before because it actually ties in to the success of my passing game. Before this stat meant absolutely nothing. It's gratifying to just sit back in the pocket and pick apart the defense. This is how Peyton Manning must feel like.

What type of QB do you like best?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: I actually prefer pocket QB's over scrambling QB's

I like pocket passers myself. Never really liked scrambling. I always try to test out accuracy and awareness from a QB especially if I draft one.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I actually prefer pocket QB's over scrambling QB's

If the ratings prove to be truly reflective of the abilities of the players then this will add true dimension to franchise mode. I like the drop back of the QBs and the development of pocket formation. If drafting really has meaning then building a line suitable to your QBs ability (mobile/nonmobile) will be great.

I to used to look for a more mobile quarter back but may change this ideology as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »