Home

Player speed and ratings

This is a discussion on Player speed and ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Player speed and ratings

I thought ratings were supposed to mean more this year?

I am playing the Seahawks right now and Deion Branch catches the ball My linebackers cant get to him and thats fine. I switch to Polamalu and go after him. Polamalu has 93 speed and Branch has 87, yet, not only do I not catch Branch, but he actually pulls away from Troy.

I see alot of positive things in this game, but there are so many little things I am seeing that its really dampering it.

Does that speed threshold slider help at all? The one that makes a greater difference between player speed based on ratings? Because I have it on default (50) and it obviously doenst make a huge difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 03:13 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Player speed and ratings

LOL dude you know aswell as most of us does. That If you play the AI espically on all pro. The AI will always give itself a boost of thin air. This nothing new. Just learn to deal with it like the rest of us do.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I thought ratings were supposed to mean more this year?

I am playing the Seahawks right now and Deion Branch catches the ball My linebackers cant get to him and thats fine. I switch to Polamalu and go after him. Polamalu has 93 speed and Branch has 87, yet, not only do I not catch Branch, but he actually pulls away from Troy.

I see alot of positive things in this game, but there are so many little things I am seeing that its really dampering it.

Does that speed threshold slider help at all? The one that makes a greater difference between player speed based on ratings? Because I have it on default (50) and it obviously doenst make a huge difference.
theres also something called fatigue

and if branch got a few yards on just about anyone in the league and had a 40 50 yard sprint to the endzone.....

he wouldnt get caught
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 AM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Was Polamalu fatigued? There is usually a lot more to it than the Speed rating.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
theres also something called fatigue

and if branch got a few yards on just about anyone in the league and had a 40 50 yard sprint to the endzone.....

he wouldnt get caught
I know there is fatigue, but I was only about 3 or 4 yards away from him with Troy. I dont even mind that he scored. It was the fact that he pulled away from a faster player. There is no defending that, seeing as its always like that. I just thought this year was different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 AM   #6
Rookie

milehighmagic303's Arena

OVR: 4

Correct me if I'm wrong but,don't they have something like positional ratings where a 90 speed receiver would be faster than a 93 speed safety?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:19 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I know there is fatigue, but I was only about 3 or 4 yards away from him with Troy. I dont even mind that he scored. It was the fact that he pulled away from a faster player. There is no defending that, seeing as its always like that. I just thought this year was different.
It is different. Players accelerate very slowly this year. It takes a very long time to get to top speed now. More than likely TP wasn't as far into accelerating as Branch was.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

There's also an acceleration rating if u didn't kno.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »