Home

Pass Defense In Madden NFL 10

This is a discussion on Pass Defense In Madden NFL 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Pass Defense In Madden NFL 10

Like Apex said before If you think that is real football , then you need Jesus.Linebackers do not defend like that on any level of football.How can any defender run the same route of the offensive player? Not only the route but exact cut but at the same time? EA states if its in the game its in the game.Well that is a lie and so is this everything you see on Sunday.I am going to play the game but its frustrating some of the things you see.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #50
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

See I didnt want to bring in Apex's video cause ppl love to critize/bash/give opinions blindly...So now that it's here that video is what I was referring too...There is no way ppl should..."SHOULD" be able to defend this but where there's a will there's a way...Seeing that the LB clearly runs the route before the wideout is crazy...Not to mention he (LB) turned his back to the ball...The coverage isn't depicted right...Period...If they find away to correct this it'll make the game better...That's all im saying...And this is how it should be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-JDmbwxKw

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 08-12-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #51
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcq71
He ran the exact same route.How can you defend that? Their is no however.Remember the standard.Everything you see on Sunday.The linebacker is always facing him not running side by side mirroring the same movement.Thats what I see on Sundays
I feel this is an animation problem, the cpu pick the wrong animation using a defensive backs coverage animation instead of a linebacker. If this was real life and the linebacker had his back I would have broken my route and stopped, the quarterback would have thrown me the ball and there would be a completion, But we all know that the Linebacker would have backpeddled watching the receiver instead of turning strafed and then turn in the direction the receiver was going.
It is in the logic the computer aI is trying to beat us, and already knows our plays it will call the right coverage. I am a slider man myself and I often turn the cpu awareness slider down a couple of clicks on defense so the reaction time is less as it is in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #52
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I feel this is an animation problem, the cpu pick the wrong animation using a defensive backs coverage animation instead of a linebacker. If this was real life and the linebacker had his back I would have broken my route and stopped, the quarterback would have thrown me the ball and there would be a completion, But we all know that the Linebacker would have backpeddled watching the receiver instead of turning strafed and then turn in the direction the receiver was going.
It is in the logic the computer aI is trying to beat us, and already knows our plays it will call the right coverage. I am a slider man myself and I often turn the cpu awareness slider down a couple of clicks on defense so the reaction time is less as it is in real life.

Man throw that slider B.S. out the window...CPU pass defense is overdone...I can't understand why folks make sooo many excuses for what's happening...Instead of realizing the obvious...DB's react...that's how they make a living by reaction time...If they anticipated routes they'd get beat cause reciever's would just break the routes and completions would be everywhere across the field
Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 AM   #53
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
You mean the almost pass d that doesn't exist? Nah...that might be a little harsh, but seriously though...the crossing patters over the middle are ENTIRELY too easy to complete and WAY to tough to defend.

I'm all for a competitive game, but some of this feel very much unfair.

I agree BUT, change the word UNFAIR to UNREALISTIC
Old 09-01-2009, 02:27 AM   #54
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

EA has a thing about making cartoon sports games that claim realism but almost never produce..

Madden 10 ...

the pass protection is too good, unless u blitz multiple players, it's tough to get any meaningful pressure..

The run blocking is weak, notice how hard it is to run on all pro if you DON'T have an elite back?

Why do the db's and lb's become track stars after a pick? meanwhile your players run with cement shoes!!??

once again they have failed to re-create nfl defensive play, i like the defense in Ncaa 10 better.

With madden 10 you have to gameplan AGAINST the flaws that you know your oponent will try to exploit. ):

this game was overhyped and overrated..
Old 09-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #55
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
this is what bugs me about apex's videos....if the lb was facing the wr, there's nothing wrong with that play at all. but since a goofy animation happened and he was running the wrong way, suddenly this is a problem. oh well, back to the game!

the problem is exactly as stated.. forget the what if's, look at what is! How does the defender cover the WR perfectly while not even looking at him?

I don't get how this is acceptable to anyone? don't we deserve better than this for 65 F***** $$$
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »