Home

Can someone who has imported NCAA draft classes please answer

This is a discussion on Can someone who has imported NCAA draft classes please answer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Can someone who has imported NCAA draft classes please answer

This is kind of a big deal for me and may influence if I buy this game. If you import a draft class into Madden 10, do you get gems and busts? Do the ratings in NCAA matter? Does it take into account the passing stats of the QBs to determine the ratings like short, mid and long range accuracy or is this just random? Are fast guys still fast? Thanks for your time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Hi.

bling1202's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Can someone who has imported NCAA draft classes please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
This is kind of a big deal for me and may influence if I buy this game. If you import a draft class into Madden 10, do you get gems and busts? Do the ratings in NCAA matter? Does it take into account the passing stats of the QBs to determine the ratings like short, mid and long range accuracy or is this just random? Are fast guys still fast? Thanks for your time.
It takes ratings into account, although I'm not sure about stats. As for gems and busts, it basically tells you who has the most potential. However, you can gain more insight into a given player by scouting them. Hope that helped.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling1202
It takes ratings into account, although I'm not sure about stats. As for gems and busts, it basically tells you who has the most potential. However, you can gain more insight into a given player by scouting them. Hope that helped.
Yeah that helps... thanks! What I mean by gems and busts is like in the fake draft classes, the highest rated rookie could be someone drafted in the second or third round. The highest rated QB could theoretically be drafted in the sixth round. Does this happen with imports?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

There are gems and busts but unfortunately it seems to be a little TOO random from what I can tell. One draft, Eric Berry would get picked in the top 5-8 picks as he should, and in another he's a 6th round pick.

Going to have to use your imagination this year. I.E. pretend Berry suffered a knee injury in his final year at Tennessee"
Old 08-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
There are gems and busts but unfortunately it seems to be a little TOO random from what I can tell. One draft, Eric Berry would get picked in the top 5-8 picks as he should, and in another he's a 6th round pick.
Taylor Mays > Eric Berry (I'm speaking from a Vol-hating standpoint btw, dont take it seriously lol). Hell, I'd be happy with either of them if my team drafted one of em. If Major Wright comes out, thats three potentially great NFL safeties in one draft.

I agree that him going in the 6th round is absolutely insane, but the Madden team have no control over what an imported player will do. It doesn't recognize the names or anything. The Madden-made guys will be more realistic because they can control them. Thats the risk us draft class importers take.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4

You won't be able to tell who the Gems and Busts are anyway because this year there is no Draft History available for any players including rookies you just drafted. So all this hype they're giving their gems and busts features is a total waste because you can't tell what round a player was drafted in anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »