Home

Still no replays online! WHY?

This is a discussion on Still no replays online! WHY? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Still no replays online! WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
I could be wrong but can't you just view a replay from EVERY play at the end of the game online? Even save the replay and upload it to the web?
I haven't tried that yet. We were going to do that last night but during the game I got an "unreadable disc error" (first time ever...very weird) and had to disconnect. I'm going to try that tonight.

OK so the consensus here is that because douchebags abuse it, we don't have it? It's amazing how bad people cheese online. I guess I'll wait for the patch to fix the auto-replays then. I had a few great plays that were deserving of the auto-replay but it didn't happen.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
seriously, i HATE sitting through replays online. i was playing APF and this dude kept going back to the replay on decent plays. finally he blocked my field goal, and sat there looking at the replay for at least 5 minutes, so i quit the game. the last thing i want to do is sit around waiting for somebody to check out their replays.
Actually 2K's system was good because after five minutes you'll lose so you can't keep watching the replays. My friends and I like to go back and look at a few plays. What happened to playing like adults? You can choose not to play against cheese kids who do that kind of crap.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
If you're talking about the replay option in the pause menu, then that should not be added.
Auto-replays are an option. I think the benefactor of the play should be able to choose if they want to skip it, or rub it in their opponent's face.

Like if I scored a TD, the auto-replay would show it and only I would be able to skip it. If I don't, it would play through once and the game would keep going.
I agree with what you're saying. Do they auto-replays work on PSN because they are barely occurring on my Xbox games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 16

I think Auto-Replays would be cool online. Again, I make the Fight Night analogy. Scoring a TD is like a knockdown in Boxing...I should get an Auto-Replay for my TD - one my opponent can't push X to skip. Give me my moment.

INSTANT REPLAYS online, from the pause menu - NO NO NO. I don't believe that's what the OP was ever talking about. Pausing an online game for a replay is BAD.

And yes, I do THINK Auto-Replays are broken right now (PS3), unless it's totally by design. It feels like the Auto-Replays are only working in the Playoffs. The only times I see Auto-Replays in regular season games are when the CPU is in the hurry-up...and the the CPU skips the cutscene! Ugh.

-SeventhWard
Old 08-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhWard
I think Auto-Replays would be cool online. Again, I make the Fight Night analogy. Scoring a TD is like a knockdown in Boxing...I should get an Auto-Replay for my TD - one my opponent can't push X to skip. Give me my moment.

INSTANT REPLAYS online, from the pause menu - NO NO NO. I don't believe that's what the OP was ever talking about. Pausing an online game for a replay is BAD.

And yes, I do THINK Auto-Replays are broken right now (PS3), unless it's totally by design. It feels like the Auto-Replays are only working in the Playoffs. The only times I see Auto-Replays in regular season games are when the CPU is in the hurry-up...and the the CPU skips the cutscene! Ugh.

-SeventhWard
Thanks for answering my question. I see a lot of the skipping of the cut scenes when the cpu is in hurry up too. I sure hope they fix this with a patch. I would happy with Auto-replays.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills
I agree with what you're saying. Do they auto-replays work on PSN because they are barely occurring on my Xbox games?
I get the game on the 14th, I don't have it yet. Reading posts on OS makes me jealous! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »