Home

A few technical issues, hopefully devs are still hanging around.

This is a discussion on A few technical issues, hopefully devs are still hanging around. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
A few technical issues, hopefully devs are still hanging around.

I've been playing Madden 10 since Friday in hopes of getting the most glaring issues out of the way. Before I start, i'll say that Madden 09 was by far the WORST excuse for a football game i've ever played. It was not bad, it was atrocious and for the first time in my life I returned a FOOTBALL (my favorite sport) GAME within 2 weeks of purchase. That said, it is a complete 180 turn for the series as Madden 10 is simply put, close to the best football game i've ever played. VERY CLOSE.

Technical Issues:

Replays not triggering - After certan situations i.e. Turner with a big run, the screen with fade in with a cool EA logo as if a replay is suppose to trigger, yet it doesn't.

Strafing issues - Im not sure what causes this, but it first became an issue in NCAA 08. I notice that while playing as a FS/MLB/CB, when I turn left or right (coming out of a straf into a full sprint to keep up with the reciever as he cuts) my man completely losses speed. Almost as if jogging.

DB Responsiveness - On a few rare occasions i've noticed that my DB will not react to me pressing either "swat" or "intercept" button. Its as if he gets caught up in the wrong animation. i.e. I had a SS and a CB covering Eagles WR Maclin. The SS had the outside coverage, my CB had the inside coverage (it was perfect coverage on the WR). As the ball was thrown, I pressed "intercept" but the defender (instead of jumping) did a funky arm swat behind his back no where close to the play.

QB Style Stance - I can only change the style, which by default changes the stance... But I cannot change both is this by design? i.e. No Peyton Manning Style with Romo stance.

Hair - Is there a reason we cannot create players with long hair or dreads? This was definatly included in Madden 07 and 08. You guys worked hard to put in a Madden store, those efforts could have gone to giving the user more customization options in regaurds to appearance... We are VERY limited in selecting player faces...

Those are all i've seen so far, and none of which are anywhere NEAR a game-breaker. Madden 10 is awesome.

Few Rants:

Locomotion has to include different running styles for every position on the field next year... it'll make a large difference.

Although throwing looks pretty decent, it still has a semi-cartoonish flare to it, i'd look to see this improved upon next year in great detail...

Mike Vick needs to be a Free Agents - complete with his AWESOME throwing motion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: A few technical issues, hopefully devs are still hanging around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
I've been playing Madden 10 since Friday in hopes of getting the most glaring issues out of the way. Before I start, i'll say that Madden 09 was by far the WORST excuse for a football game i've ever played. It was not bad, it was atrocious and for the first time in my life I returned a FOOTBALL (my favorite sport) GAME within 2 weeks of purchase. That said, it is a complete 180 turn for the series as Madden 10 is simply put, close to the best football game i've ever played. VERY CLOSE.

Technical Issues:

Replays not triggering - After certan situations i.e. Turner with a big run, the screen with fade in with a cool EA logo as if a replay is suppose to trigger, yet it doesn't.

Strafing issues - Im not sure what causes this, but it first became an issue in NCAA 08. I notice that while playing as a FS/MLB/CB, when I turn left or right (coming out of a straf into a full sprint to keep up with the reciever as he cuts) my man completely losses speed. Almost as if jogging.

DB Responsiveness - On a few rare occasions i've noticed that my DB will not react to me pressing either "swat" or "intercept" button. Its as if he gets caught up in the wrong animation. i.e. I had a SS and a CB covering Eagles WR Maclin. The SS had the outside coverage, my CB had the inside coverage (it was perfect coverage on the WR). As the ball was thrown, I pressed "intercept" but the defender (instead of jumping) did a funky arm swat behind his back no where close to the play.

QB Style Stance - I can only change the style, which by default changes the stance... But I cannot change both is this by design? i.e. No Peyton Manning Style with Romo stance.

Hair - Is there a reason we cannot create players with long hair or dreads? This was definatly included in Madden 07 and 08. You guys worked hard to put in a Madden store, those efforts could have gone to giving the user more customization options in regaurds to appearance... We are VERY limited in selecting player faces...

Those are all i've seen so far, and none of which are anywhere NEAR a game-breaker. Madden 10 is awesome.

Few Rants:

Locomotion has to include different running styles for every position on the field next year... it'll make a large difference.

Although throwing looks pretty decent, it still has a semi-cartoonish flare to it, i'd look to see this improved upon next year in great detail...

Mike Vick needs to be a Free Agents - complete with his AWESOME throwing motion
QB Style Stance and Hair are minor to be called technical issues..

I have technical issues with the game and that is at times the game stutters or pauses momentarily at the snap then resumes. That's an issue. I hope that doesn't happen online, which reminds me. I tried to get online last night and my PS3 froze on the loading screen. I released all the ports that were listed in the manual.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Banned

I would consider QB stance Stlye an issue since it seem your suppose to have the option to select both, but you cannot.

Hair - i'll give you is minor.

There is some freezing also on the Xbox 360 version, minor studdering as well.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Rookie

TheFuture94's Arena

I agree with OP

DB Responsiveness - On a few rare occasions i've noticed that my DB will not react to me pressing either "swat" or "intercept" button. Its as if he gets caught up in the wrong animation. i.e. I had a SS and a CB covering Eagles WR Maclin. The SS had the outside coverage, my CB had the inside coverage (it was perfect coverage on the WR). As the ball was thrown, I pressed "intercept" but the defender (instead of jumping) did a funky arm swat behind his back no where close to the play

All these things need to be fixed in a patch ASAP, no question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »