Home

mySkill vs. Sliders (possible problems?)

This is a discussion on mySkill vs. Sliders (possible problems?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
mySkill vs. Sliders (possible problems?)

Hey there,

first off, I LOVE M10! Unfortunatly, I havn't it for my own untill hopefully friday but had the chance to spend some playing time at a friend.

So this is not to complain, but to sum up some opinions about the new logics in madden.

One thing I noticed around these board is, that some users noticed some problems which I also saw on many occasions.

E.g. that the deffence predicts the WR routes without looking at them, magical INTs or the fact, that the CPU sometimes start kind of Robo-QB when they are behind (if they need points, even the Vikings can throw 9/11 in a row..mostly through the middle for 8-15 yds...no matter if man or zone coverage [s. various defence threads] or the RBs can truck through 3-5 defenders and breake tackles if it's nothing.)

But I also notice, that some users don't seem to have these problems at all.

On the other hand, everyone who plays with mySkill seems to be very happy with it.

So here are my questions:

1.) Can the ones who play with mySkill explain what makes it so great this year? Does the teams still paly like they should or adapt the AI the skill everytime? e.g. if I play with PIT against the VIK, I expect to perform well against the pass and not that good against the run.
Will this be brought over to the next game against, lets say, the Cards? Means, that due to the better passing game of the Cards and my good pass def against a waek opponent on the last game my passing defence will be killed?

Or is the system sensitive to the expected outcome?
=> Good performence against weak teams = marginaly dificult bump
Good performence against strong teams = big bump?

2.) Does the mySKill users notice the above mentioned problems on D/Comeback AI? Maybe it is related to the sliders/adaptive AI...but as the most users don't add their settings to their impressions, it's hard to figure out a possible reason

Any positive feedback would be very welcome.

And sorry for any weird english, I am not a native speaker and hope it was quite understandable at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: mySkill vs. Sliders (possible problems?)

I`m not sure about this feature either.

on one side i love it because you don`t have to spent a whole month tweaking sliders.

on the other side i don`t like it, because if i win easly against a Lions teams, the system will make harder for me next game.

Or if i do terrible against NE the system will make it easier for me next game.

i don`t use my skill because of this.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
Banned

My skill is horrible and should not be used. Is done all wrong and is not a good way to get the most out of your game

With the working sliders this game is perfect on all madden
Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
MVP

CKW11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
My skill is horrible and should not be used. Is done all wrong and is not a good way to get the most out of your game

With the working sliders this game is perfect on all madden
I love My Skill and i definately get the most out of the game using it, at least i did last year. It made it actually challenging. I actually lost a few games a season. I loved it. Quite possibly one of the best features Madden has implemented, at least for me.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Pro

I have been playing most of my games on My skill. At first I was getting some good games but it seemed as the difficulty was getting harder. About 5-8 games in. I started seeing some blatant cheating from the cpu. Also I am seeing way too many fumbles. So I figure I can just tweek My skill and come up with some good sliders. Problem is the you can't see what the settings my skill is set to. I was seeing atleast 4 fumbles a game Portis was leading the league fumbles and I had 4 other player in the top 25 in fumbles. It was crazy. In order for me to fix the fumble problem I had to tweek the sliders which means i can't use my skill. Which I think is stupid. I am still trying to find a good set of sliders. Good thing sliders are working this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
I love My Skill and i definately get the most out of the game using it, at least i did last year. It made it actually challenging. I actually lost a few games a season. I loved it. Quite possibly one of the best features Madden has implemented, at least for me.
Hey....could you tell if the problem booker21 mentioned (win easily against a weak team -> harder the next game even if the next opponent is waeak again and vice versa) is existent?

And Football4Natic..if all that's so easy for you, how about some sharing?
Did the AI never comeback on you after a leading?
How do you stop sudden 9/11 COMPS of the CPU through slots in the middle? WHat D do you play against this?
How do you stop the AI if the RBs are in "truck mode" and breaks 4-5 tacklers?

Would love to know
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Have you had any fumble problems? Or have you had any recievers have balls morph through them to go to the SUPER CPU cb. That or Db's jumping routes too ofetn or psychic defenders.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
Hey....could you tell if the problem booker21 mentioned (win easily against a weak team -> harder the next game even if the next opponent is waeak again and vice versa) is existent?
I can't say for sure but in my first game in my franchise with the Seahawks I lost 19-6 to the Rams and couldn't do much. The next game vs. the 49ers I won 14-0. One of the TD's was a pick I returned. I had an easier time running but my passing game still struggled so hard to say but I certainly did not blow them out. My next game is the Bears so we'll see how that goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »