Home

It is VERY concerning to me that EA asks reviews to change grades. What do you think?

This is a discussion on It is VERY concerning to me that EA asks reviews to change grades. What do you think? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
It is VERY concerning to me that EA asks reviews to change grades. What do you think?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040003550

EA asked GamingTrend to change their score. I don't know what to think. At first I thought it was funny, but I'm actually becoming very upset.

Why couldn't they just ignore this score? It's not like GamingTrend is a major player in the review business like IGN. They may be some day, but at this moment, they are not a really big website.

What is EA thinking?

Sorry, I thought this needed it's own thread. It's important to me to get reviews from all types of gamers. I don't see why EA has to go into conspiracy mode to get favorable scores from everyone. I didn't see them asking 1UP to redo their idiotic 100 score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: It is VERY concerning to me that EA asks reviews to change grades. What do you th

Well, I think its common business in the gaming industry.
We here in germany had several issues of a some kind with some webmag (4players) and some other bigger sites.

I know from a friend who is working at this branche, that it happens more then you should expect that publisher offends reviewers if the outcome isn't satisfying...either they say they won't do any adds on magazines/websites anymore of even start a lawsuit....or have a call with the boss of the mag and try to get the reviewer fired.

Publishers need high meta-ratings nowadays...strangly for the shareholders to be satisfied (they don't care about games, but will be pleased if the company produces I high rated product...).

Still a whack move by EA (as a publisher).
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: It is VERY concerning to me that EA asks reviews to change grades. What do you th

Because EA Sports are Truth Chasers!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040003550

EA asked GamingTrend to change their score. I don't know what to think. At first I thought it was funny, but I'm actually becoming very upset.

Why couldn't they just ignore this score? It's not like GamingTrend is a major player in the review business like IGN. They may be some day, but at this moment, they are not a really big website.

What is EA thinking?

Sorry, I thought this needed it's own thread. It's important to me to get reviews from all types of gamers. I don't see why EA has to go into conspiracy mode to get favorable scores from everyone. I didn't see them asking 1UP to redo their idiotic 100 score.
Is this the same group I simply dismissed? EA asked them to change their score? I didn't know that.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #5

ubernoob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcq71
Because EA Sports are Truth Chasers!
"Troof" not "Truth", for what it's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Remember to always go with your first instinct. I don't see why anyone would get "very upset" sbout anything concerning something so trivial as a video game.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

Can this be verified?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Remember to always go with your first instinct. I don't see why anyone would get "very upset" sbout anything concerning something so trivial as a video game.
I got upset when I remembered the actual $$$ that I potentially waste on a game when I read entirely positive reviews on a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »